Okay-I recorded my daughter's voice in voice notes and saved it. Did the mistake another poster did and set it as ringtone...unfortunately no option to "save as ringtone". Since I want it only for her custom ringtone and not the general calls it doesn't come up. What am I doing wrong?

Everywhere I look says to save it then choose the ringtone..well it's not there..Helphttp://images.crackberry.com/forum_images/smilies/confused.gif
    01-23-09 03:27 PM
    I only know this from skimming over the post in question, but I thought you had to email it to yourself the note and then get the audio file from there.
    01-23-09 03:40 PM
    I found the answer! No need to use email to do this. BB does not offer the option to "save as ringtone" after you record a voice note. The "set as ringtone" option will assign that voice note to the general calls on your phone setting only. It does not save it in the ringtone file. Here's how to do it:

Record your voice note.
    Scroll to the folder icon (Rename). Enter.
    Name your voice note. DO NOT hit save at this time.
    Scroll up to the folder icon above "Name". Enter
    Scroll down to "Ring Tones". Enter.
    Scroll to "Select Folder". Enter.
    Now you've renamed your voice note and it is in the ringtone folder.
    Scroll to "Save". Enter.

Now you will find your ringtone in the ringtone selection and can customize it in your contact/address book.
    Dr.Crackski likes this.
    01-24-09 11:41 AM
    Perfect, worked like a charm
    12-24-10 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD