I have the Curve 8330 and recently when I call my voice mail to pick up my voice messages it shows it dialed my number but it has dialed my boyfriend's landline.

I took it into Verizon to have it fixed and guess what she couldn't fix it, no one in the that store could fix it. So they tell me to call Tech support from a different phone. So, since this is my only phone I went to my girlfriend's home and called them from a landline.

The first time I was on hold 15 minutes, the second time 35 minutes!!! I never did speak to anyone.

I have tried looking all over the place to see what is wrong (but I'm a newbie so... The only thing that I see is that there is a question mark (?) next to; Options - Security, Certificates, (?) VeriSign/RSA Secure Server and two (X) next to Vodafone WTLSCA and GTE Cyber Trust Root and Anny Way WAP Root. Do these have anything to do with the misdialing it's doing????

I'm still learning all this; I have had the phone only since Christmas.

Help Please......
    Last edited by gemstar727; 03-18-09 at 12:46 PM.
    03-18-09 12:15 PM
    What has happened, is some how- you have saved your boyfriends number as the speed dial for your voicemail. THey say save your voicemail on #1 (w) how to fix this: Go to your speed dial list: from the call log press the menu button and select speed dial, program your VM into 1 (W) and try that!!
    good luck
    03-18-09 12:22 PM
    Hello,

I did exactly what you said - didn't work. His number has been totally deleted from the address book and it doesn't show anywhere.

I put VM as the first number on speed dial and it's still calling his home.

So frustrating !!!
    03-18-09 01:03 PM
    Try hitting the Green phone button to start the phone app. Click the Menu button and then select Options. Scroll to voice mail and click the ball. You should see a Voicemail Access Number. Use this tool to find out what the correct VM access number is. Put it in, making sure it is in the form +1AAABBBCCCC. Then click Menu and Save.
    03-18-09 02:21 PM
    Did you ever get this resolved?
    03-19-09 09:28 AM
    I know this is a long shot but, might your phone be forwarded to your boyfriends number? Your VM # should just be your phone number. (mine was with alltel). Just a thought.
    03-19-09 10:12 AM
    Hi, i dont exactly have a blackberry, but i do have a LG dare. Just a week ago, my phone started doing the exact same thing... except im the guy in this case. Every time i dial voice mail, weather it be *87, *86, my number, *67{my number}, it dials my X-Girlfriend. She said her phone says "call forward - my name" and after a few more attempts, the 'call forward' disappeared from her phone, and just said my name... WEIRD!!!!! Here's what im wondering... Does Verizon have an easter egg, where when the most frequently contacted contact (call, or txt) suddenly stops getting attention, the computer [verizions computer in charge of calls or voice mail] forwards all voice mail calls to that number.... Makes you wonder... Was your 'boyfriend' your X, or had you stopped talking as frequently? If so, then i believe we have found Verizon's 'easter egg'...!
    06-21-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD