I have a 8330 that will not stop trying to voice dial. The program starts over and over even if the phone is just sitting not being used. I can't delete this app-even though it's never used. I was told by Sprint it could be another program causing this. I tried wiping the phone and it still does it. I have 3rd party twitterberry, live messenger, yahoo messenger, and aol messenger.
    Does anyone have any idea what I can do to make it stop? It won't allow me to call out or recieve calls-the voice dial starts and cancels the call every time.
    11-12-09 08:01 PM
    Is the convenience button stuck? U could try and changing the default convenience button to something other than voice dial to at least eliminate that from the list of potential causes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 08:30 PM
    That was done a long time ago-I don't use the feature so I wanted that button for something I DO use. I also downloaded crackmem as I saw in other posts about this problem. I can't get anywhere with that...seems my current OS is newer than the one for that program.

It's doing it right now as a matter of fact.
    11-13-09 03:48 AM
    Try maxmem. That's the one I used to delete my VOD

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 04:38 AM
    Go to How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com and look for the section: Remove Voice Activated Dialing
    11-13-09 12:35 PM
    I see the part about deleting it but the files I have in my blackberry folders aren't like the ones listed. I have only the desktop and device manager I don't have the actual OS downloaded.I'm going to download that and see if I can try what I think it's telling me to do.
    11-13-09 01:35 PM
    This happens to me on occasion as well. I have the convenience button switched.

It seems to happen when I plug in my headphones while listening to mp3s, but I'm not too sure.
    11-13-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD