I am thinking about downloading vlingo for my at&t 8310,is it free?how do you guys like it?thanx
    07-06-08 04:23 PM
    I had it on my 8310 and it works pretty well. The only reason I uninstalled was because you had to start a new text message thread to reply to someone. And sometimes it takes a good while if you spoke a large amount of words.

Unless someone out there knows how to make it reply in the same SMS thread?
    07-06-08 04:28 PM
    It is a very well made app. But for me, anything
    I can do with it, I can do faster without. Give it
    a try though, it's all a matter of personal preference.
    07-06-08 04:30 PM
    I tried it and thought it was cool, but then the newness wore off and I uninstalled. Found the voice dialer the Curve came with worked better that vlingo. And,yes, it's free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 04:33 PM
    yes it is free. I just installed it today and also un-installed it. It's a pretty neat app but it was too un-accurate for me when typing text.
    07-06-08 04:45 PM
    Only a so-so app but it certainly has its benefits. I am keeping it for the sole purpose of sending text messages while driving. Surprisingly this comes up rather often for me.

Nick
    07-07-08 02:21 AM
    It seems more trouble than valuable. I passed.

07-07-08 03:44 AM
    I dl'd it for the sole purpose of using it when I drive but its too inaccurate. They say it supposedly learns the more you use it so we'l see how that goes. If it doesn't learn fast then out it it'll go!

07-07-08 08:12 PM
    well I had it for a few hours and thought it was cool at first,but Ifigured out like alot of others are saying it is not very accurate and is very slow loading with longer messages and then you still have to click on the "send".So off it came.I can probably type and send a message just as fast without it,at least then I know it is accurate
    07-07-08 09:38 PM
    I tried it too, but it types the wrong words. You have to double check everything you type, then change it when it's wrong. Too much of a hassle for me.
    07-07-08 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD