My problem is everytime I open the application, it's asking me to set my phone and internet carrier permissions to "Allow".

I've gone through every menu and set "allow", yet it still tells me that they're not all set?

Stump'd here!

Cheers!

Craig
    06-26-08 03:20 PM
    Anybody else having problems with it timing out unless connected to a wifi network?
    that is exactly what is happening to me. Just installed last night it will time out if not on wifi.
    06-26-08 03:29 PM
    I don't have wifi on my BB and the program is working fine. I am running 4.2.2.170.

It did timeout twice on me, but I think that's because I get horrible service inside my house.

I'm really happy with the program overall.
    06-26-08 03:41 PM
    Just got it,,, love it. works great on the 8330
    06-26-08 04:58 PM
    This works great on my 8330. And anyone who says that the it gets their voice wrong, if you correct it, it will learn from your corrections and adapt to better to listen to your voice. It just takes a little training for it to start to understand you better. If you use it for awhile it becomes more and more accurate as it learns how you speak. This app is simply fantastic.
    06-27-08 12:32 AM
    as i posted in another thread...this program was fun...for a novelty.

I downloaded...thought it was funny how it would mess up things I'd say and my wife and I would get a good laugh...we played with speaking dirty words into it...but when it came to practical use...that was when I decided to delete this dumb program.

The reliability of the program (sure...it learns as you use it...those TOS scare me as well)... sucks and like mentioned above, the time it takes to re-read what was transcribed and edit...i may as well have just manually entered the text to begin with.

Read the TOS folks...be careful.

To me...this was just a newer version of the old speak and say...lol.
    06-27-08 12:39 AM
    I still can't figure out how to remove the *via vlingo* at the bottom of a sent text message.
    06-27-08 10:57 PM
    Anybody else having problems with it timing out unless connected to a wifi network?
    I am. I've deleted and reinstalled twice now. I've already checked the permissions to allow as stated on the website.

I'm about to give up on this program.

I'm running OS 4.5 from Vodaphone.
    06-28-08 11:43 AM
    I am currently running 4.2. because i have TMO UMA/Wireless, i ma able to run it. But when I try it on Edge network, it doesn't work. Also, to help with the speech recognition, start off with simple words. I sent some easy text messages to my wife such as... Where are you? Should I give him a bath(my son), are you going to the store? Supposedly starting off slow lets ther progi learn how you speak and annunciate. stick with it a lil longer
    06-28-08 12:17 PM
    Got an update from Vlingo and they are claiming that many users on TMo's network are having issues getting past the setup for the internet connection. Until they fix this issue, I am uninstalling the program to save my precious memory.
    06-30-08 07:01 PM
    Yes, the issue is T-Mobile. Not the OS or the phone model or anything else like that. Check out this post.
    06-30-08 08:12 PM
    Mine wasn't working either.. Till Vlingo sent out an e mail saying that they had fixed the issue for T-MOBILE and to d/l the new beta and try it... Works perfect for me now... It is going to come in super handy when in the car and for quick google searches... I love Opera Mini, but too slow to load up and conect in a fast pinch...
    07-01-08 06:03 PM
    I still can't figure out how to remove the *via vlingo* at the bottom of a sent text message.
    Go to the Vlingo options and you can disable that. I can't remember the actual setting name (had to delete Vlingo for other reasons) but it disabled that message for me.
    07-02-08 09:54 AM
    Mine wasn't working either.. Till Vlingo sent out an e mail saying that they had fixed the issue for T-MOBILE and to d/l the new beta and try it... Works perfect for me now... It is going to come in super handy when in the car and for quick google searches... I love Opera Mini, but too slow to load up and conect in a fast pinch...
    I received the same email and agree that it's working perfectly, so far, for me, too. But the other worked initially and then started giving me the timeout error. But I've had this installed since last night and have been able to successfully use Vlingo with UMA and EDGE.
    07-02-08 09:58 AM
    Had an interesting problem. After installing Vlingo via the email OTA link, DM no longer recognized my BB. "None" showed in the "Device Connected (PIN):" line even after pointing directly to it in the Configuration options (and receiving the "Device connected" confirmation in which the PIN is displayed).

I had been using DM 4.3. I removed and reinstalled DM 4.3. Same problem. Removed DM 4.3, installed DM 4.5. Same problem. Removed Vlingo, did a battery pull, DM 4.5 now recognizes my BB and successfullt re-syncs.

I'll try re-installing Vlingo now and see what happens. I'm curious whether anyone else has had this problem.
    07-02-08 10:02 AM
    Go to the Vlingo options and you can disable that. I can't remember the actual setting name (had to delete Vlingo for other reasons) but it disabled that message for me.
    Found it. Disable the "Email Tagline" and "SMS Tagline" options.
    07-02-08 10:21 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD