For those of you tethering using Vista, do you get a "popup" connection window for your tethering connection at random points, while already connected via wifi or hardwire?

I setup my tethered connection (Tmobile) last night, worked like a charm, but I kept getting a connection dialog for my "Blackberry Tether" connection, even while connected via wifi. I made sure the tether connection was not set as default, but still got the popup. It was annoying enough that I removed the connection entirely, as seemed to offer the side effect of pausing my wifi connection until I closed the tether dialog.

Any advice as to how I can make this connection hide until I click "Connect To" in Vista would be much appreciated!
    07-10-08 08:27 AM
    yeah, this is driving me nutts also! Short of deleting the connection alltogether, I cant seem to make it stop..
    10-10-08 06:14 AM
    I'm sorry to hear you're having the same problem, but glad it's not just me. Hopefully someone out there has a fix, I assumed I was just missing an obvious setting.
    10-10-08 07:17 AM
    Woo hoo, i think i found it.

"In IE, Tools, Internet Options, Connections, check Never dial a connection."

Did that and havent had the popup all morning. I didnt think it would work since I dont even use IE, but it seems to have fixed it.

Let me know if it works for you...
    Last edited by TryMyMartini; 10-10-08 at 08:25 AM.
    10-10-08 08:21 AM
    Try going to Start>Control Panel>Networking Internet>Network/sharing center>Manage network connections>right click on the modem>Properties and uncheck the box that says prompt for password and such...

See if that works..
    10-10-08 08:38 AM
    Woo hoo, i think i found it.

"In IE, Tools, Internet Options, Connections, check Never dial a connection."

Did that and havent had the popup all morning. I didnt think it would work since I dont even use IE, but it seems to have fixed it.

Let me know if it works for you...
    Thats where it was... make sure that the "never dial" is the only box checked..
    10-10-08 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD