I am sure this is not the correct place for this post but here it goes:

I was downloading themes (I will find the site) and I am certain I got a virus on my computer from one of the sites---I will locate and post later. I am concerned because I did a backup BEFORE I realized I had a virus---now like any good parent I am most concerned about my BB being effected!!!! DO I have reason to worry?
    08-10-08 07:00 PM
    Worried about your PC - yes, your BB should be just fine.
    I would NOT install that theme though
    08-10-08 07:03 PM
    Most viruses are for PCs, the operating system on the BB should be safe.
    08-10-08 07:03 PM
    I also dowloaded a few ring tones but cannot find them anywhere on card on BB now where!!!!
    08-10-08 07:04 PM
    I agree with amazinggraceless, your BB should be fine, but you might want to run your antivirus software on your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 07:05 PM
    Also, let the site know that that theme has a virus. Most site frown on users loading a virus in the themes they upload.
    08-10-08 07:05 PM
    Also, let the site know that that theme has a virus. Most site frown on users loading a virus in the themes they upload.
    I have been looking for it, I was on a site recommended here. Once there I as I was browsing other sites were recommended there so I went to check them out and BAM I got a virus. I cannot find it, unfortuantely!
    08-10-08 07:26 PM
    Worried about your PC - yes, your BB should be just fine.
    I would NOT install that theme though

Thanks---PC will be fine---luckily it is a issued through work and as soon as I can I will take it to tech dept. and all will be fixed--still upset though
    08-10-08 07:27 PM
    Well, it would truly help if you could remember the site you believe you got the virus from. This way, others here will be forewarned.
    08-10-08 07:29 PM
    It was not the theme---it was a link on a site I was looking for a theme on.
    08-10-08 07:30 PM
    It was not the theme---it was a link on a site I was looking for a theme on.
    It would still help to know the site. Most of the theme sites have been pretty good. Depending on what browser you used, check your history.
    08-10-08 07:33 PM
    ok I was on the blueroomsolution website and someone posted this link that I think gave me a virus so be careful if you go there:

mp3000.net - mp3 downloads, lyrics, download free mp3
    08-10-08 08:47 PM
    Thanks for the heads-up!
    08-10-08 10:52 PM

Lol tht llooks like a viral website just looking at it.

08-11-08 01:06 AM
    I have yet to find a credible source for a serious virus on any platform other than Windows.
    08-11-08 01:18 AM

Lol tht llooks like a viral website just looking at it.

Dumb question, but how can one tell? (I do a lot of online research and I'd like to avoid viral sites!)
    08-11-08 04:11 AM
    Dumb question, but how can one tell? (I do a lot of online research and I'd like to avoid viral sites!)
    Have the best anti virus and security software you can buy.
    08-11-08 04:38 AM
    Have the best anti virus and security software you can buy.
    Thanks, I'm all set with AV and anti-spy, but it seemed like the poster had a way to eyeball a URL so I could avoid the site altogether and skip the whole WARNING! Virus alert -> select action-> pending -> finish -> etc., since I have to look at about a gazillion random sites daily and the whole virus alert and removal or quarantine process is just time-consuming and just getting old, KWIM?
    08-11-08 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD