hi everyone!

i'm new to crackberry and blackberry. i bought my first blackberry (8320) a few weeks ago. i bought it from ebay, so it was new and unlocked to all networks, im in the united kingdom. i inserted my O2 pre pay sim into it and found i could make and receive calls and send and receive text messages. however i could not access the internet other than through the wi-fi connection. i am guessing this is because the phone is not fully supported by O2 (they only sell the 8310) and because i do not have a contract with a data plan. however after some searching i found the O2 tcp settings online and entered them into my blackberry, but again it doesn't work, i can't access any data services other than through using a wi-fi connection.

i also want to be able to view pdf files on my blackberry and downloaded and installed beamberry. once installed, the desktop manager said it was installed successfully and the icon appears on the phone, but when i click on it, nothing happens at all. could this be because beamberry requires a data plan? if so, is there any alternative software that will allow me to view pdf files on my blackberry 8320 without having a data plan?

thanks to all,

alicia. x
    02-10-09 10:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD