I would like to be able to view a word file transfered via usb to my phone, on my phone. I gues that word documents are not supported by bb.

Basically what I do is copy and paste my mapquest directions to word, then transfered them via usb to my phone. (This worked on the BlackJack)

So I guess my overall question is if not word documents, what format can I copy and paste my directions to that the phone will read.

Thanks,

Im still on the begining of the learning "Curve"
    08-01-07 01:22 AM
    Skip Mapquest and Word altogether and use BlackBerry Maps or Google Maps right on your Curve! Save yourself several steps. Otherwise, you can wait for Documents To Go to release their BlackBerry software package. I don't know of an other options as yet.
    08-01-07 05:24 AM
    To view documents on the Curve, you'd have to have something like Documents To Go (by DataViz, software not released yet), or BeamBerry.

But, if you copy Word documents to Notepad, you can read them DIRECTLY from the device's memory card...

I'm actually looking forward to Documents To Go Another one is Repligo
    08-01-07 06:31 AM
    Really, plain .txt files work natively? Fantastic!
    08-01-07 09:23 AM
    They sure do, and I've tested it, too...
    08-01-07 09:30 AM
    Nifty! Thankee, sai.
    08-01-07 11:15 AM
    How do you get the txt files onto your device(Ie what folder to put them in), and where do you go to view the files. Also I noticed that txt files are not allowed to have images or pictures in it, is there a file type that will allow you to have pictures/images within it.
    08-01-07 11:56 AM
    Connect your Blackberry to your pc (desktop manager), enable mass storage, when prompted on the device. Once you open the 'explorer' window on the pc (or using desktop manager / media manager), create a folder, I called mine documents, and place said documents in there...
    08-01-07 01:50 PM
    I have figured out a way to copy and paste webpages to your phone using word. First you must highlight the section that you would like copy, then paste it to word. Next go to save as click on file type under the document name and select web page. After that it will give you a HTML file, grab this file and follow the directions that navilyn above gave for transfering documents to your phone. VERY NICE.
    Last edited by mainstang; 08-01-07 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spelling
    08-01-07 07:09 PM
    Nav,

Is that true for pdf files as well?

I'm on a corporate BES, I've never connected my BB to my computer.

I just posted a similar question, must have been typing at the same time Mainstang was.

Thanks
    08-01-07 07:24 PM
    SammyB, the ONLY document DIRECTLY viewable, would be a text document, i.e. Notepad...

.pdf, .doc.xls, .ppt would need an application like DocumentsToGo, by DataViz...
    08-02-07 06:07 AM
    Thanks Nav,

I figured as much. I signed up for the notification when DocumentsToGo is available. I can't wait!!
    08-03-07 10:12 PM
    sorry if this sounds dumb, but where should I create the new folder (on say media manager) to store documents. If I put it in something like "pictures" I can't see the documents even if they are .txt though the folder itself is there. If I create a new folder alongside the music, pictures, etc. I simply can't find the folder under the media application period. Any advice?
    10-25-07 06:54 PM
    Is viewing Word files (.doc) from the device different from the opening .doc attachment? I haven't tried to view a .doc file from my Curve but I'm able to open .doc attachments in emails.

And I can view PDF attachment files as well. Although it's not clear to read.
    Last edited by onepoonis; 10-25-07 at 10:32 PM.
    10-25-07 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD