I'm using the Curve (8330) with Outlook Contacts. There are other fields I need to see besides name and email, such as snail mail address, etc.
    Is there any way to view all Contacts fields on the 'Curve?

Any way to edit the full entry?

Thanks, in advance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 11:26 AM
    Welcome to CB!

If I'm understanding you right, you should just be able to press menu>edit while the contact is highlighted. At least it works for me.
    07-22-08 11:47 AM
    You need to specify.
    Are you speaking about the view from the address book or call log?
    The view from the call log is just numbers for obvious reasons.
    The view from the address book depends solely on all the info you input in an address entry. For example, if you enter the person's company, job title, mobile, home, fax, email, website, pin, etc all will show up once (while in your address book) you highlight a name and press the track ball in.
    You with me so far?
    I have the 8320 but I am almost certain yours works the same way.

ETA: I just saw you meant to see the extra fields that are available on Outlook.
    The only way this is possible (I've learn from my other smartphones) is if the fields are compatible (that of Outlook and the phone's)...mostly named the same.

It sucks doesn't it. I think Rim's engineers believe that the only people who'd purchased the BB are people who's starting afresh as far as phones are concerned. That being the case, the need for mass contact transfer/copying isn't necessary....AS IF!
    Last edited by JoJo78; 07-22-08 at 12:49 PM.
    07-22-08 12:42 PM
    When you sync your outlook contacts, you have the option to map specific fields. If there is a field populated in outlook that the bb doesn't have, just map the outlook field to on open field on the bb, that should work.
    07-22-08 12:53 PM
    Thanks for the insight. It does suck that. Outlook fields have to be remapped onto BB compatible ones.

Once I do that will it "remember" the mapping? Or do I have to repeat the process each time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 07:11 AM
    Once mapped, it will remember.
    07-24-08 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD