Hi all, just a quick question. Sometimes when I try to watch a video from "my videos" my bb just all of a sudden reboots, is there a reason for this or a fix so that it stops? Thanks for your time

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 01:50 AM
    Have you recently upgraded to one of the 4.5 OS's? If so either
    go back to your original OS or try installing a different version.
    10-09-08 01:55 AM
    No I haven't yet upgraded but I am thinking about it. Is it a memory thing maybe? It just gets annoying. Thanks for your help

10-09-08 02:39 AM
    No I doubt its memory. And seeing as you have an 8330, which
    has 32mb more memory than all other Curves I am inclined to move
    off of that as a cause.

But if you want to check it go to options > status and check and
    post the file free number. It should be greater than 12,xxx,xxx
    10-09-08 02:43 AM
    My file free number is 33947249. Also I found this thing in my options called host routing table and hit my menu button and I see an option to register now, do you or anyone else have any info on that. Should I register all of those?

10-09-08 03:41 AM
    First 33MB is good and you can rule that out as a cause.

Second, the host routing table should have no bearing on your
    issue at all.
    10-09-08 03:52 AM
    Ok thanks a lot, maybe I should put up a new thread about the HRT. The rebooting thing doesn't happen a whole lot, its only when I watch like 2 or 3 or more of my videos back to back. It doesn't really have a pattern tho too, sometimes it happens on the 1st one or sometimes it reboots before the 4th one. Just wish we could figure out why.

10-09-08 05:04 AM
    Ok thanks a lot, maybe I should put up a new thread about the HRT. The rebooting thing doesn't happen a whole lot, its only when I watch like 2 or 3 or more of my videos back to back. It doesn't really have a pattern tho too, sometimes it happens on the 1st one or sometimes it reboots before the 4th one. Just wish we could figure out why.
    Does this happen when you do anything else from the Media card? Are these videos that you made with the phone, emailed to the phone or converted from another source?

Try this, turn the phone off, remove the battery and the media card. Make sure the card is installed by sliding it into the latch/door and not just putting it under the door. Replace battery and reboot phone.

If it keeps happening, copy every thing from the card to the computer and reformat the card. Copy videos one at a time and play them to see if it happens again.
    10-09-08 05:45 AM
    Alright ill try that BlkBear. To answer your questions........it doesn't happen when I try any other media from my card, just the vids. Its happened on vids that I created and the ones sent to me mms style. Ill try to reformat my card this weekend.

10-09-08 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD