Hi,

I just got a Jabra BT 620S BT stereo headset. It works awesome with the media player for audio mp3's. When I watch a video, I can't get the sound to go through the BT headphones? Is there a way to get the sound routed through the headphones so I can watch on a plane or something?
    04-18-08 08:28 PM
    Can't use them on a plane, but I believe there was a post pn here awhile back ref the same issue. When I get to a computer I will see if I can find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-08 09:57 PM
    No. It's impossible because the audio would be out of sync with the video. That's according to all the info I've read about it.
    04-18-08 10:10 PM
    supposedly they will fix that on 4.5.i have the jabra 8010 w/ the 2.0 works great with the media player audio and the phone also lets me use my work phone on the same headset for the phone, the 8010 allows you to sync w/ 2 devices and switch by touching the call button.
    04-19-08 12:39 AM
    I have the same problem. I'm sending my Motorola S9's back. I was also told that the phone sound on my end via the S9 was bad. That's 2 strikes, and for $99; forget it.

I don't buy the sync problem with video though. BT 2.0 has a 3mbps transfer rate, and 1.2 has 768kbps. What is the transfer rate for one second of streamed audio? My QOS/VOIP training is failing me. Think about this; how is it that you can have a real time conversation via BT, and not stream audio from a movie? Motorola's website says that all you need is A2DP, and AVRCP profiles for it to work, and my 8830 has both according to RIM. I think the problem is more that the technology is not smart enough to separate the audio from the video so it just drops it. It's like BT does not understand the format. It sucks though I was really looking forward to this. It's really amazing thinking about what BT COULD be...
    04-30-08 12:53 PM
    Bought a S9 yesterday, Songs play fine but I had not checked video.

No go.
    04-30-08 02:23 PM
    This seems like a terrible flaw on the curve. Any news on when they will fix this? As other posters have said, I get good audio from songs, why not play movies. I don't believe that the sync issue is a big hurdle.
    06-05-09 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD