does my bb 8310 have video? i was told you have to upgrade something. how do i go about that
    05-06-09 03:49 PM
    There is stickys at the top of the forum to help you upgrade to 4.5
    05-06-09 03:58 PM
    You need 4.5 OS to do video. Also you need a media card installed. What OS do you have right now? Options/about and its the third line down.
    05-06-09 04:06 PM
    If you should happen to decide to do the upgrade ..here is the link for the OS. http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...-124-a-137570/
    However I recommend that you take the time to get used to your device and get familiar with the procedure. Take a look at the link in my signature for proper upgrade/downgrade procedure for full detailed instructions on doing an OS upgrade.
    05-06-09 04:08 PM
    I didnt like the .124 release so i stayed with .110 the AT&T release, but as long as you upgrade to any 4.5 OS you should be able to video record, it will be a seperate icon then the camera.
    05-06-09 04:25 PM
    i downloaded the program..how do i load it to my phone?
    05-06-09 08:12 PM
    Take a read here. http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/pro...ocedure-53359/
    This is the best guide you can get.
    Basically a fast run down for you is after you downloaded the OS to your pc. Double click it so it installs.
    Go to C:/program files/common files/research in motion/app loader and scroll to the bottom and delete the vendor.xml file.
    Make sure you do a backup of your device just in case before you go any farther!
    Start desktop manager and it should prompt for an upgrade. If so just let it go until its done. It will take about an hour.
    If you need more help post back.
    One more thing to keep in mind...If it doesnt try to update on its own you may have to disconnect from the internet and try again.
    05-06-09 08:25 PM
    i got it! thanks much!
    05-07-09 04:50 PM
    Glad you got it. Feel free to ask if you have more questions.
    05-07-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD