Well, I got a 2gig MicroSD card today (after a week and a half of waiting). I was transferring songs to it and I figured i'd put a video on there to see if it'll work on my BB. The file-type was a .mp4, which I read was what the media player uses.

I put the card back in the BB and try to watch the video. There is no video, only audio playing of the movie that I had on there. What did I do wrong?

Thanks,
    Scott
    02-25-08 01:45 PM
    Not sure. I have heard of people copying stuff directly to the memory card but I had the same problem you did. When I used the Media Manager in the Desktop software to move the files to the memory stick it "Converted for Optimal Playback" and then they worked fine.
    02-25-08 02:02 PM
    you have to convert, or find a program that converts first, then upload without optimizing.
    02-25-08 02:03 PM
    Convert the .mp4 to what?
    02-25-08 03:26 PM
    3GP is the subset of MP4 that plays in the Media Player.

The simple way is to let the BlackBerry Desktop Manager copy the file and "optimize" for the player. That will take care of most common conversions.

If you are down loading media, choose the 3GP version and you can copy it with the Windows File Manager.
    02-25-08 05:44 PM
    I would transfer it with Media Manager but I still get the message "There is no device connected. Please connect your device in order to view its contents." I have the mass media storage enabled and everything. My computer sees the Removable Drive and everything.
    02-26-08 12:17 AM
    Hey Ultimate,

Had the same problem with my BB, it say no device connected, Found out that the USB is not working properly on your BB. So I returned it back to AT&T and got myself a new one and it works and the video works just fine...
    02-26-08 08:57 AM
    Well, I transferred a bunch of songs via usb to the SD Card and they work fine. Also, I transferred a .avi video and it worked. It was laggy for some reason but it worked. I'm so confused
    02-26-08 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD