Everytime I try to playback an .mp4 file I've transferred from my laptop, it says "loading," and the full time of the video comes on, but it never plays. The screen, the player itself, and the backlight from the keypad just blink. I've tried using the Roxio media manager to transfer it, tried just dragging and dropping it via Explorer and they always transfer fine, but never play. I have also tried phantomsphan's mini-guide to convert files to make them playable on Verizon handsets. Nothing has fixed it. A video I recorded with the video recorder plays back fine, though. Any ideas?
    08-26-08 08:47 PM
    Is it just one video you are converting that does it, or all videos that you try?
    08-27-08 11:58 AM
    It's every video. I've tried about four different videos. All transfer fine, show up in my videos on the BB, and act like they're gonna start playing (even displaying the time), but they never actually start. I don't get any kind of error, either, it just blinks. Thank you for replying phantom.
    08-27-08 10:54 PM
    that's odd. have you tried 3gp files? that always seems to work for me pretty well.

it might be the codec. i've converted files with quicktime pro (you need to buy a license to convert files) and it worked pretty well.
    08-28-08 12:41 AM
    Do you think it would be possible for you to encode just a short bit of video and then zip it and post it here and then I can look at it and see if it plays for me and also if not, what might be wrong? Also, what format are the original videos?
    08-28-08 05:05 AM
    So, I have since used MobiDVD to convert a DVD to .3gp and it played perfectly. Apparently, it's just .mp4s that don't want to play. Anybody else have this problem?
    08-30-08 04:31 PM
    I have the same problem with mp4 files and the keypad starts to flash and nothing else happens. I was hoping someone else had a solution to this problem. This happens when i view a video online and the keys start flashing and the screen goes blank.
    10-16-08 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD