I just took an awesome video of my little boy playing with some balloons but my curve didn't save it! tried again and again but the video recorder shows 0Kb after recording and doesn't save and wont close. I have to close it by pressing the end call key. Tried a battery pull without success. I'm thinking the application is corrupt, but how can I fix it?
    10-03-08 02:35 PM
    i had the same problem...i took a vid of my boy playing and i went to show my wife and it wasnt there! i was soo P'd off...LoL!

First off...make sure you have enough space on your memory card!

When you record a vid and you hit the pause button be sure to hit the stop button before exiting the application...at least this is what i have found out to work.

Let me know if this helps...
    10-03-08 02:42 PM
    thanks for the reply. I have plenty of space free (5.8GB). Pressing stop doesn't seem to work either :-(

Can I do a "hard reset" and just restore from a backup, would that restore a corrupt app?
    10-03-08 04:13 PM
    I just took an awesome video of my little boy playing with some balloons but my curve didn't save it! tried again and again but the video recorder shows 0Kb after recording and doesn't save and wont close. I have to close it by pressing the end call key. Tried a battery pull without success. I'm thinking the application is corrupt, but how can I fix it?
    Howdy Namtaffy,

In the settings for your media card, do you have encryption turned on? If so turn it off and see it will save now. I noticed that happened for me when I first upgraded and was able to use video. Once I was able to save, I turned the encryption back on and it seems to save and play just fine.

Which version of the OS are you using right now? Using 4.40.81 here and no hitches with video at this time.

And like JoDaMo said, make sure you hit pause and save it before you leave the video mode.
    10-03-08 07:32 PM
    thanks for the replies fellas. It took a full reset in the end, which wasn't so bad as everything was backed up.
    10-04-08 01:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD