I have searched high and low for the right converter and i cannot get anything to work with my BB and it keeps saying unsupported format. I have tried Aimersoft, Wondershare, any video converter, dvd fab, cinemaForge and some others, and I have been trying to convert the copy right protected DVD to BB and no success. I have lost count on countless nights trying to figure out the damn thing. I have tried the AVI, MP4, AAC files and i am fixing to throw out my 4 weeks old BB out and get a damn Apple IPHONE. I like my BB but if it aint gonna work with me then whats the use?
    12-20-07 08:32 PM
    I am using Mobiola Video studio.
    Just downloaded it from Handango.com.
    So far I have converted and loaded 4 full length protected dvds and several youtube clips with no problems.
    It's a very simple little program but it seems to work very well.

Heres the link.
    Handango - View Software Downloads for your Blackberry Device!
    I bought the $14.95 version. You can do the free trial to see if you like it.
    Last edited by ceo242; 12-20-07 at 11:51 PM.
    12-20-07 11:48 PM
    Any Video Converter, works really well, simple to use, and it's free.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/bes...ackberry-8626/
    12-21-07 02:23 PM
    Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter works very well for me. The awesome guy at videos4blackberry posted that he uses it for his videos, so I tried it and it works great. The videos come out perfectly!

there's a free trial, or here's the link to buy it (worth every penny):
    RegNow Order Form
    12-21-07 02:55 PM
    [QUOTE=Berryman;86969]Any Video Converter, works really well, simple to use, and it's free.

Thanks Berryman! New to bb scene and have been playing around with "blackberry video" but this one is much nicer. I love making movies for my bb. I already have four full videos on my pearl.
    12-21-07 03:57 PM
    lol thanks for the plug Chriswaar , I agree the videos are Great, but i'm a little bias lmao!
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 12-21-07 at 04:48 PM.
    12-21-07 04:03 PM
    Ultra Mobile 3GP Video Converter works very well for me. The awesome guy at videos4blackberry posted that he uses it for his videos, so I tried it and it works great. The videos come out perfectly!
    Will the Curve really play 3gps ?????
    12-22-07 11:15 AM
    my 8300 keeps telling me that videos are of an unsupported file type when trying to play them back. i'm using media manager to do the conversion and the files seem to be within the size limit. the unit allowed me to copy files from the desktop to the handheld a few weeks back and they work fine but now it will allow me to copy them to the handheld but not open them. Help!!
    02-03-08 11:45 AM
    I just spent three days trying different trial versions to put dvd movies on my curve and i finally figured it out yesterday.....DVD media studio 3.0 for smartphone.....was the easiest way to do it.....cost me $29.00 online, but was worth it. I ripped an entire movie (213mb) in about 40mins.....just put your movie in your computer, open DVD media studio 3.0 for smartphone, and follow the steps. It will put the movie on your desktop. Connect your BB to your computer, open Windows Explorer, and drag the movie to your BB videos file, thats it!!! Make sure you set your BB Media card (under options) to "enable Mass storage mode when connected" (yes) so your computer can show your BB as a drive: in My Computer. Good Luck!
    03-23-08 07:57 AM
    I am using Blackberry Video Converter by Seabyrd Technologies. It is fast & easy to use.

Only problem is that vids don't fill the whole Curve screen (it does on a Pearl)

Any ideas on ways around this or a converter that will utilise the whole screen?
    05-29-08 05:42 AM
    The SeaByrd converter Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter works very well and it is free. You should set the resolution to 320 x 240 for regular TV and to 300 x 240 for wide screen media.

Spend a little time with the program and work through the options. For me, it worls perfectly every time and fills the scree to 100%.
    05-29-08 06:36 AM
    This is on todays crackberrys home page so there hooking you up like the price is right!!!. Aplus video converter free today only so hurry....Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Aplus Video Converter - Convert any video to any video format.
    Last edited by ahfu25; 05-29-08 at 11:29 AM.
    05-29-08 11:13 AM
    Thanks, always welcome, a freebie. Even so, I know that SeaByrd is the one I'll use cuz it just flat works for Blackberry. It was written for Blackberrys and it knows the devices.
    05-29-08 11:45 AM
    The SeaByrd converter Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter works very well and it is free. You should set the resolution to 320 x 240 for regular TV and to 300 x 240 for wide screen media.

Spend a little time with the program and work through the options. For me, it worls perfectly every time and fills the scree to 100%.
    Thanks Pete but I am still getting the screen size issue.

I have a border of 7-10mm around the film despite using the custom settings you mention above

What else can I try?
    06-02-08 07:12 AM
    Everyone is naming tools - specifically WHAT file type works with the Curve? avi? mpg4? mpg3?
    03-21-09 03:05 PM
    03-21-09 04:51 PM
    Just a note for Sprint Curve 8330 users, Seabyrd Technologies - Blackberry Video Converter does not work for my curve. I get errors when trying to play back. I am using the free version (creates .avi files - I think my berry wants .3gp only).

Then I tried the Desktop Manager Roxio method - it worked beautifully, it's free, and you already have it on your computer!
    Last edited by gbsesquire; 04-03-09 at 02:35 PM. Reason: edited after trying Roxio
    04-03-09 02:33 PM
    Everyone is naming tools - specifically WHAT file type works with the Curve? avi? mpg4? mpg3?

iskysoft iphone video converter
    08-19-10 02:55 AM
    I use Aunsoft Video Converter and it works fine for my BB phone. It can put various formats of video to my BB phone, and FLV and vob files are both video I often to convert. The output video is nice.

You can google its name and find this app.
    11-30-10 08:02 PM
    Try SUPER by eRightSoft..
    Its interface is bad, but the software did the job..
    Make sure u resize it to 320 (width) to prevent higher size of the video file.
    12-01-10 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD