One of the features I wanted to use the most on my smartphone is the ability to view videos anywhere. I have figured out already that I can transcode videos on my computer in the mp4 format the phone can read them thanks to the Blackberry Desktop Manager.

But I have a frequent problem with doing that. Often, the video after conversion will be only two left halves;`I mean the left half of the video is copied on the right half, so I see twice...of half the movie.

At first I thought this was because of the original dimensions of the movie, which were unproportional to 4/3 or 16/9. But now I have the same problem with a video that is 512pixels/384pixels, or, 4/3. In theory, there shouldn't be any problems. This is driving me mad, because I love watching videos anywhere. Can anybody please help me?
    07-31-07 06:03 PM
    I have tried many combinations and this it what I find works best for me. Use Super C by eRightSoft (free by the way) and convert your videos with the following settings for the 8300:

Output container: avi
    Output video codec: MPEG-4
    Output audio codec: mp3

Check off: MEncoder

Video

Video Scale Size: 320x240
    Aspect: 4:3
    Frames/Sec: 14.985
    Video Bitrate: 480
    Video Options: Hi Quality

Audio

Sampling Freq: 44100
    Channels: 2
    Audio Bitrate kbps: 128
    DVD Language Select: default

When a box pops up chose DivX not DivX 5 or 6 plain DivX no number next to it.

No need to get Media Manager involved if you have a media card in the BB.
    Just enable Mass Storage Mode Support under options and then Media Card.

The BB will come up just like a drive under My Computer in windows, open up the folder scroll down to videos folder and drop your videos right in there.
    Last edited by littleoldme; 07-31-07 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling error
    07-31-07 06:37 PM
    Thank you so much, that's very precise information I would have had a hard time to find.
    07-31-07 08:02 PM
    nice write up! thanks littleoldme
    08-02-07 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD