Hello fellow BlackBerry lovers,
    I have a BlackBerry Curve and think I have figured out all I need right now except one thing: I cannot get the notification option "Vibrate+Tone" to work for calender, task or alarm. "Tone", "Vibrate", and "None" settings work as they should, but when I select "Vibrate+Tone" I only get the vibrate.

I called my carrier's (at&t) helpdesk, but they could not solve the problem. They as well as I suspect that this a defect in my phone. Before going through the trouble of having it replaced: Has someone else encountered the same problem and found a solution? Thank you in advance.

Thanks for a great forum!
    09-24-07 01:29 PM
    You may have tried this but I would make sure that number of beeps is set to atleast 1...also, make sure that volume is not set to mute. If either or both of those settings are incorrect, your phone would only vibrate and not give a tone.
    09-24-07 02:41 PM
    Are you allowing enough time at the alert before assuming the tone isn't working? By that I mean, are you feeling the vibrate, and checking right away before it has a chance to tone? The setting of vibrate+tone allows for 2 vibrates and then it tones. I went through the same thing when i was messing with my ring settings.
    09-24-07 02:42 PM
    Are you allowing enough time at the alert before assuming the tone isn't working? By that I mean, are you feeling the vibrate, and checking right away before it has a chance to tone? The setting of vibrate+tone allows for 2 vibrates and then it tones. I went through the same thing when i was messing with my ring settings.
    No, I did not. I had it set to two vibrates and was to quick to shut it off in the pause before the two tones that actually did sound with a little bit of patience. Thanks Jal800, you stopped me from making a fool of myself in the store.
    09-24-07 03:00 PM
    Now you are officially welcomed to CRACKBERRY!
    09-24-07 10:57 PM
    I just want to clarify for me, and other users...

Are you now saying you have the device set to VIBRATE & TONE at the same time for certain notifications, i.e. calendar, tasks, phone, etc?
    09-25-07 04:35 AM
    I just want to clarify for me, and other users...

Are you now saying you have the device set to VIBRATE & TONE at the same time for certain notifications, i.e. calendar, tasks, phone, etc?
    Yes, that's right. For calender, for instance, I set it up like (Profiles/Advanced.../Menu key/Edit/Calendar/)

In Holster: Vibrate+Tone.
    Tune: Notifier_Sonar
    Volume: Medium
    Number of Beeps: 2
    Repeat Notification: LED Flashing
    Number of Vibrations: 1

This results in a notification with one vibration followed by two beeps when my (dear) Curve is in its holster.

Thanks again!
    09-28-07 08:24 AM
    I have had a number of other phones before recently purchasing the Curve 8310. I love it except that the virbate+tone option drives me nuts! It should vibrate, tone, and virbrate like other phones. Instead, you have to wait for two vibrations before you hear the ring and the ring is short. This makes the caller wait too long and often hang up. I which there was a way to at least increase the number of 'tones'.
    01-15-08 04:02 PM
    I am somewhat dense and am having trouble getting my 8300 to give me an auible tone when I have something scheduled on my calendar. I read through the postings but I am still not sure what I have to do. Can someone give me simple directions.Thanks much.
    Mike
    01-15-08 04:58 PM
    @ urbanexplorer... there is a way to increase the number of tones, or at least the amount of time until voice mail. See this FAQ...
    Increase amount of rings before voicemail - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    Secondly, why do you wait until it rings, if you know it is vibrating, answer the thing.

@ mrazor... Go to your Profiles and edit your active profile and the calendar entry.
    Read this:

How do I edit my notification tones (profiles)? - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    01-15-08 05:08 PM
    Followed all the instructions and still no go on getting any notifcation of scheduled appointments. Everything seems to be configured correctly. Any other advice.
    Thanks!
    01-16-08 07:50 AM
    Yes, that's right. For calender, for instance, I set it up like (Profiles/Advanced.../Menu key/Edit/Calendar/) . . .
    I was already searching ebay for a 680. You saved me. I'm having a hard time converting. I like the hardware (size, batt, cam), miss the touchscreen, and am having severe withdrawals from the PIM. It's hard to step down. Still can't get the sync stuff right. Anyway, been struggling w/ this for weeks - couldn't get sound on cal / task alarm. Figured out that long vibrate and short ringer didn't work, but couldn't lick the problem. This did the trick. Didn't know that each profile is so definable.

Thanks
    02-28-09 02:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD