BB Curve 8310

v4.2.2.170 platform 2.5.0.30

3.6GB card

Regardless of the amount of messages I have already received, or the amount of times a message has been responded to, I have very slow load times on my received messages and on sending messages. I click send, or click to open, and wait a good 15 seconds (at most, usually around 8 seconds) before it fully loads. It doesn't seem to matter if i've let the new sms text sit for a while or if i click to open it immediately after i've received it, It is still very very slow. Please let me know what i can do to fix this. or if you need anymore information.
    11-04-08 07:50 PM
    what is your file free? Options > Status. If below 15 check the link in my signature for memory opt.
    11-04-08 07:52 PM
    file free: 20352628 bytes i think i have enough any other ideas?
    11-04-08 07:54 PM
    Your file free is not too bad. Have you tried clearing some of your old messages?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-08 07:56 PM
    Has it happened all the time, or recently?
    11-04-08 07:56 PM
    Clear out your In and Outbox SMS folders, as well as MMS in and outbox folders recently?
    11-04-08 07:57 PM
    like i said in my original post, it doesn't matter how many messages i have in my inbox, read or unread. i dont have mms. its very slow. and it happens from time to time. my battery is at 95% so its not an issue of power. Do you think it could be the bb software version i have? Is there a more up to date/stable version that i'm not aware of? However, my outbox must still have items in it. I'm not viewing sent messages in my inbox, then when i delete previous messages, it wouldn't deleted the hidden sent messages too would it? I'll try that now.
    11-04-08 08:03 PM
    You have to automatically clear the sent messages

messages, menu, view folders, they are all in there to clear out
    11-04-08 08:04 PM
    A slowing blackberry is usually caused by memory issues. 20 is not bad, but could be adding to the slowing speed. Does your berry lag in speed anywhere else, like opening apps? Try the memory optimization, couldn't hurt. If it doesn't help, we can rule out memory as an issue.
    11-04-08 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD