Just wanted to see if anyone knows if Verizon is updating the curve to the new os yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-08 05:59 PM
    I really wanna know this too I cant wait for the new OS to come out!
    06-05-08 06:36 PM
    You won't see CDMA OS 4.5 on Verizon for sometime. I will offically be out soon for GSM. But we all know there are Beta's out there..

CDMA will test and test.. I am getting word late Fall for CDMA.
    06-05-08 07:09 PM
    It's not out yet, but if you keep your eyes on the stickies up at the top of the forum, I'm sure it'll be up there as soon as the new OS is out!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 07:09 PM
    Ok. What are the new features of the new OS?

06-05-08 09:32 PM
    umm check the main page blogs there at sections talking about it, plus a few thread under rumors and news....
    06-05-08 09:40 PM
    The main updates for OS 4.5 such as video, streaming youtube, voice recording, etc. are already in OS 4.3 so Verizon Curve owners already have many of the features. There are other updates too such as OTA OS upgrades and HTML email. You can read more about it here:

BlackBerry OS v4.5 (formerly OS v4.3) Update Details!! | CrackBerry.com

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 09:42 PM
    Marine, OTA OS updates only for BES users...oooooh rah!

06-05-08 11:46 PM
    Ok so the html email will get rid of the need to download or buy an email viewer?

06-06-08 02:11 AM
    Marine, OTA OS updates only for BES users...oooooh rah!

Is that confirmed now? What a shame... and an OORAH right back at ya!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-06-08 05:57 AM
    Ok so the html email will get rid of the need to download or buy an email viewer?

It should. I have no experience with 4.5 so you're probably better off asking someone who has used the beta. Sorry!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-06-08 05:58 AM
    Yea don't even worry about the update. The 8330 already has all the features that 4.5 would add to all prior curves. The only thing it would add is html email for BES users. Standard user will still need to add an email viewer for that feature.

06-06-08 07:53 AM
    The only thing it would add is html email for BES users. Standard user will still need to add an email viewer for that feature.
    BIS 2.5 is supposed to have HTML email support as well. That upgrade has already been applied to Asia servers and is being applied to the US ones this weekend... supposedly.
    06-06-08 09:38 AM
    BIS 2.5 is supposed to have HTML email support as well. That upgrade has already been applied to Asia servers and is being applied to the US ones this weekend... supposedly.
    i heard the same thing as well, BIS should be getting this too..
    06-06-08 11:55 AM
    1) I thought 4.5 was adding attachment downloading and native document reading with Dataviz. These two items are beyond necessary and why the Blackberry is a total joke as a laptop alternative compared to any Palm, PPC or Symbian device. It's one of the main reasons I decided to stay with Blackberry at the moment... although patience is running thin.

2) My guess is that it will take Verizon until 2009 until we'll see 4.5 installable on your Blackberries with all the other goodies working, such as attachments downloading. They are notorious for being the last company to get new phones (due to their ah, um "rigorous quality control standards") and if the Bold isn't happening soon, neither is this software. They'll continue to sell the new Curve which is their new "upgrade" for the consumer path.
    06-06-08 08:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD