All:

This site is full of such great information and I have referred to many new Blackberry converts. My question is, which may sound simple, how do you update the operating system and if it is necessary for your average blackbery user. I am running v4.3.0.127. Should I upgrade? If so where can I get it and how do I do it? I am a little nervous about it as I do not want to screw up my phone.

Thanks.
    07-28-08 05:02 PM
    You have the current operating system on your device now. You can check out vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry for any updates.

Welcome to CB
    07-28-08 05:05 PM
    The version you are running is the most recent version available for the Verizon Curve. The newer versions are still in beta and if you are not very comfortable with the phone you should just keep the version you are running now until the official release is put out.
    07-28-08 05:06 PM
    All:

This site is full of such great information and I have referred to many new Blackberry converts. My question is, which may sound simple, how do you update the operating system and if it is necessary for your average blackbery user. I am running v4.3.0.127. Should I upgrade? If so where can I get it and how do I do it? I am a little nervous about it as I do not want to screw up my phone.

Thanks.
    You are running the most current available release by your carrier but there are beta 4.5's ou there. If you are that new to your BB, I would not recommend trying to update your OS yet. Get to know this site first and do your research. Things can go wrong with install and would not like to see you lost on how to recover a dead BB.
    07-28-08 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD