I'm just wondering, if it is possible to install the song id feature that is on verizon's vcast phones or some other software that will do the same?

Thanks
    Eric

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-08 12:18 AM
    That does not work yet on bb's

09-14-08 01:29 AM
    you can add a song for a certian person and/or for txt,mms,email,etc but not from vcast
    09-14-08 03:02 AM
    Do you know of any program that will do the same as Song ID?
    Last edited by bmw4life; 09-14-08 at 03:13 AM. Reason: ?
    09-14-08 03:13 AM
    Closest I know of is "radio companion" you set up radio stations and you can get list of what was played along with album info. Its free too But you can't just hear a song and have phone listen to it. There are a few getitnow things I miss.

09-14-08 06:52 AM
    Bumping this up. Been a while since this was posted so I'm hoping for new answers.

Wondering if anyone has found, uses or knows of a program that I can load that does the same thing as song id?

Let me know, thanks!
    03-27-09 02:50 PM
    Eric,
    I TOTALLY feel ur pain!! I had a flip phone (a Motorola W755) up until February and the FIRST thing I asked was "What about my Song ID?" Nope! No Song ID for BB. It sucks.
    03-27-09 03:05 PM
    I also really miss the song I.d. Feature my DARE had. I hope they make it for the bb's soon.

04-01-09 05:43 PM
    On BB's App World, there's a program called Shazam. I haven't tried it, but in the description, it's saying that you can point your blackberry toward a source of music and hit "Tag Now" and it will show you what's playing, just like song id. :-) I found it under Top Downloads.
    Last edited by eternal76; 04-01-09 at 06:26 PM.
    04-01-09 06:10 PM
    I'm just wondering, if it is possible to install the song id feature that is on verizon's vcast phones or some other software that will do the same?

Thanks
    Eric

I have Shazam that I downed from BlackBerry App world and I totally LOVE it. It is the Song ID for BlackBerrys!!
    Teresa

04-13-09 09:41 PM
    I was looking for the song ID feature too since migrating from a Voyager....

Shazam does a decent job....I downloaded the trial and tested it with both radio and random sections of my personal MP3 collection. It identifies pretty well as far as 'mainstream' goes. It didn't identify some of my random/unique files (Weird Al, some soundtracks from not-so-popular movies, etc...) but i really didnt expect it too

As far as hearing a song on the radio and such, it hasn't failed me yet

EDIT: It currently has a 60 day trial currently with a special buy price. I'm satisfied with it enough that I'm willing to purchase it as long as it continues to prove it's accuracy
    Last edited by stephenrb81; 04-14-09 at 12:47 AM.
    04-14-09 12:44 AM
    my bro randomly turned on his storm and has an icon on the home scrreen to download vcast song id...
    06-27-09 11:38 PM
    So? The bottom line is that they released it for the VZW Storm but not the Curve? =(
    06-30-09 03:03 PM
    Yeah it works for the Storm, Pearl Flip, and Tour but not for the older BB's. Shazam works great in it's place but to be able to have unlimited use it is $5.

OK, so I have a Pearl Flip, but do not have the vcast song id icon anywhere. I can't find an "application center" on my phone, including in the main options icon.

I feel stupid, like it should be right in front of my face, but I'm looking past it?

Thanks for any help specific to the Pearl Flip / vcast Song ID

~Terri
    09-18-09 08:05 PM
    hi i am some what new to blackberry world. i am trying to get song id i just got a blackberry curve can any one give me a step by step i tyed finding the app i cant find it.

thanks for any help
    04-29-10 08:54 PM
    The Verizon song I'd doesn't work for curve only the storm. From what I know

04-29-10 08:57 PM
    04-29-10 09:12 PM
    hi i am some what new to blackberry world. i am trying to get song id i just got a blackberry curve can any one give me a step by step i tyed finding the app i cant find it.

thanks for any help
    Did you just get the original curve?
    I'm not sure but I think the curve 2 has song id on it, lol am going to have to go check at work later this morning.
    I have gotten the tour since I originally posted on this thread. And the tour does have song id on it.
    Shazam worked fairly well for me though when I had my curve.
    04-30-10 02:38 AM
    dose anyone know when shazam encore will be out for the 9670 flip blackberry i can get the limited which is 5 songs a month? but i had the encore on my curve and cant get it for the 9670 which sucks cuz i paid for that
    05-31-11 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD