Hi Guys,
    This is my first post here - glad this site is around.
    I just got my Curve last week, it's my first blackberry and my first smart phone in general.
    At first, call clarity was perfect, exceptional, I was really impressed. A couple days ago, a slight buzzing started in the earpiece. It has grown and gotten louder, although it is NOT consistent. Sometimes I'll make a call and from the first ringing sound, I will hear the buzzing - it will continue into the conversation, although it seems that it fades out after awhile and becomes clear again.
    Sometimes, I'll make a call, and it will be pretty clear, and then the buzzing will start up later in the call.

The buzzing sounds like the earpiece speaker is blown, but it obviously is not since it sounds fine at other times.

Is this a common problem? Should I take it back and get a replacement? Or is there a cure? I'm running OS 4.5.
    08-25-08 04:29 PM
    Did you know OS 4.5 has not yet been released to Verizon customers, this might be part of the problem.
    08-25-08 04:34 PM
    Thanks for your reply, and yes I did know this, but I don't think the OS is the problem. I saw in the Curve build quality thread (sorry, too few posts and can't post the URL) that at least one person had 2 BB's with buzzing earpieces. I am trying to find out if others have had the same issue.
    08-25-08 04:52 PM
    I've not had the issue but I'm not using OS 4.5 yet
    08-25-08 04:56 PM
    You've probably got a short somewhere in the phone, most likely in either the speaker or maybe the antenna (bad signal could be causing the buzzing).

I'd take it back and ask for another one.
    08-25-08 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD