I purchased my blackberry in august and needless to say since i've gone black I will never go back. My girlfriend has been wanting one ever since, and so her contract with sprint was ending in March right around the same time as her birthday. We decided to get a family plan and that i would get her the blackberry for her birthday. She called around and found that Wal-Mart had it for $8.88 with 2 year contract with Verizon (my current provider). I now have a girlfriend with a blackberry that cost me less than $10 how incredibly awesome is that?
    03-03-09 07:49 PM
    That is the same one my husband got! That same phone was around $150 at Verizon last week with a 2-year. Crazy!
    03-03-09 07:54 PM
    Eh, I wouldn't generally trust anything like buying contracts about phones etc. from 3rd party suppliers. I usually would only deal with actual stores. Not the authorized dealers, they could cause problems...
    03-03-09 07:59 PM
    I would not trust Walmart to tie a set of shoes for me, let alone buy a Blackberry from them.

Only place I buy my phones is from VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 08:02 PM
    I thought scam when I first saw that.
    03-03-09 08:08 PM
    I thought scam when I first saw that.
    Same. My parents delt with a Authorized Dealer and they added so much BS that my parents weren't even using. Charged them about 20-30$ extra for services they didn't even use. They are a scam, I have had friends that worked there and that's how they get there money by telling you what you don't have to know, while making it sound all good untill your bill comes. Go to a actual store, you can find them on the Carriers location finder online.
    03-03-09 08:12 PM
    Oh I know. I thought it was always better to go to the actual store because of the stock and working displays :P
    03-03-09 08:14 PM
    I prefer going to the actual store as well, but that is a great deal for a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 08:16 PM
    True. Isn't stock on the 8330 for Verizon pretty much little to none?
    03-03-09 08:18 PM
    or is that what i was.... i just checked verizon's site. seems to be in stock again. I'm just behind
    03-03-09 08:23 PM
    wwwooooowww man, that IS a sweet deal! Wish I needed a plan to take advantage of that!
    03-03-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD