Hey I had heard that Verizon and Alletel were merging. Just wondering what anyone had heard about this and how long it was going to take. I hope this improves service. I have been having prolems with sevice in my house with Verizon. Thanks for any news you can give me on this situation.
    06-19-08 01:52 AM
    They are merging but I don't know how much it will improve coverage. I do know that if you call them and tell them you have poor coverage where you live, they should let you out of contract without ETF. I did this with Sprint, but I had to call several times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 03:02 AM
    I work for Alltel. The merger is going to take about a year. Depending on where you live your coverage could get better. However, if your not getting reception at all it's not likely. Basically, the only thing thats going to happen regarding coverage is Alltel towers will become Verizon towers. There isn't much information out about the merger yet. Pretty much everything we know you guys know. The one thing I do know is it's going to be a pain repainting all the Alltel retail stores red!
    06-19-08 09:45 AM
    I think the only thing you will really see off the bat will be Verizon service in the rural areas that Altel had. Which is a good thing.
    06-19-08 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD