Does anyone know if it is possible to send more than 160 characters in a text on the Verizon curve? Almost all of my old phones could send 160+ characters (to other Verizon customers Only) and just break them up into multiple texts.

Also, I have custom ringtones for different people in my phonebook. Is there any way to turn the custom ringtones off? I really want to change the setting if possible so when I am at work I can choose a more professional sounding standard ringtone, instead of my phone playing a different song each time one of my friends calls.
    09-11-08 12:46 PM
    try BB text2IM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/text2im-app-beta-48127/
    threaded txt messages and you can type more that 160 characters
    09-11-08 12:53 PM
    Does anyone know if it is possible to send more than 160 characters in a text on the Verizon curve? Almost all of my old phones could send 160+ characters (to other Verizon customers Only) and just break them up into multiple texts.

Also, I have custom ringtones for different people in my phonebook. Is there any way to turn the custom ringtones off? I really want to change the setting if possible so when I am at work I can choose a more professional sounding standard ringtone, instead of my phone playing a different song each time one of my friends calls.

Not possible on VZW blackberries. The program above lets you do it. I don't like it but maybe it will work for you.
    09-11-08 02:00 PM
    You can send texts as mms messages and I believe it will allow more then 160 chars. Other then that you have to use third party software.
    09-11-08 05:07 PM
    I'd like to know this as well. Its kind of annoying. I'll try that MMS thing, blackmannx
    09-11-08 05:12 PM
    U can send 1000 characters I believe in mms. I have done this many times.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD