I want to buy the verizon 8330 from a friend to use on my AT& T account...will this phone work on AT &T? I heard that since they have different networks it doesnt matter if it is unlocked or not, it wont work....anybody know?
    04-17-09 12:37 PM
    Nope - 8330 is CDMA phone and AT&T is GSM network. Won't work sorry.
    04-17-09 12:38 PM
    Previous poster is right. Don't buy it. You can use T mobile phones on At&t because they work on the same technology as AT&T. You can't use Verizon phones.

But I'd stick with AT&T phones. I heard that unlocked phones put you on the bottom of the chain when you use the towers.

You can go to ebay and find a ton of AT&T blackberrys that are new for fairly cheap. Most of them are unlocked but I'd get one that wasn't.

Heres you a curve for AT&T. Says it's new. Not to bad of a price considering what retail is. This one is unlocked though.

NEW RIM BlackBerry Curve 8310 Red Unlocked AT&T Phone - eBay (item 170322143565 end time May-16-09 12:30:13 PDT)

But it does say this on it

We guarantee the phone will work perfectly for phone calls and text messaging. We cannot guarantee INTERNET SERVICE or PICTURE MESSAGING will work as that is a case by case with unlocked phones when leaving their original carrier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Overview
    Last edited by curve0644; 04-17-09 at 12:55 PM.
    04-17-09 12:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD