When I use the sleeve that came with my curve my phone vibrates instead of rings. Is this normal? I have to lock the keyboard when I put it in the sleeve because in standby the activates and moves to normal mode and the sleeve presses keys...Is this normal?

My only concern is that when I lock the keypad and put it in the sleeve that it continues to press buttons and therefore lights up the screen prompting the * send screen and uses battery.

I'm new to the community and to Blackberry and this is a fantastic resource and solves most of my problems with a simple forum search. Thanks everyone!
    06-05-08 09:06 AM
    How long have you been using your sleeve? Mine did this at first and took about a day or so to "stretch" and not press any keys. If you go to profiles where you can change your ringtone, "In Holster" needs to be changed to tone or vibrate + tone. Hope this helps, and welcome to cb!
    06-05-08 09:51 AM
    Not too much. You are probably right, It is a tight fit still. Do you lock your keyboard or standby mode?
    06-05-08 10:41 AM
    This is a silly question, and in no way is meant to be mean. But are you putting it in the sleeve correctly? The OEM sleeve has a vertical notch in it so that the trackball is not activated when the phone is slid into the sleeve. Also the OEM sleeve has a built-in magnet that automatically puts the phone into standby.

This is equivalent of putting the phone into a holster. This is probably the root of your vibrate while in the sleeve problem. Sound settings let you set different setting for in-holster and out-of-holster.

If your phone is registering key entries while in the sleeve then it is either not in the sleeve correctly, or you have a faulty sleeve
    06-05-08 01:06 PM
    Nice. That is what I was looking for. I think I was sliding it in correctly but possibly and probably not. I was not going to use it if I had to lock the keyboard everytime. The built in magnet is a great innovation. Thanks for all of your help!
    06-05-08 02:08 PM
    Yeah, you shouldn't have to put the keyboard lock on as key presses should not register when in holster. Follow alandry65's instructions to set your "In Holster" part of the profile.

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    06-05-08 02:40 PM
    The OEM case that comes with the phone should work "normally" if used correctly. It takes a few days to break in the case, but buttons being pressed should not do anything (because the sleeper magnet should ignore button presses). Also, the raised up part of the case is designed so your trackball does not roll while inside the case.

There is a sleeper magnet built in, which is an amazing innovation that BBs have been using. This is basically a proximity sensor so your phone knows when it is in the case... this sensor will put your phone into standby and not allow keys to wake up the phone if pressed. You can also specify in your profiles what you would like your phone to do while in the holster... (ring, vibrate, silent, etc).

Certain 3rd party cases also come with the sleeper magnet.
    06-05-08 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD