I used to get some images in my messages. I bought the 9330 and returned it. So then I had to switch service back to the 8330. Since then I get links in my messages and its so annoying. I can't sort through all the characters to get the information. Looks like I'm running OS 4.5.0 (although I can't be certain). Any help is appreciated. I'm going mad!
    10-18-10 01:07 PM
    To check your os go into options>about.
    Then check your email settings by going into the email icon, scroll to the top on the date, click your menu button, go to options>email settings and check the settings. Enable HTML-yes. Download images automatically-yes.
    I have an 8330 on 4.5.0.138 and when I receive emails, sometimes I have to hit my menu button to get link or get images.
    Hope this help

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 06:10 PM
    Just keep in mind that auto download images is a heavy memory user.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 07:03 PM
    You can try setting it to automatically download the images in the messages options. Go into Messages>Options>Email Settings>Find "Download Images Automatically" and set to "yes". Im just throwing this option out there, but it still seems you have to manually download the images. They did this for security pruposes.
    10-18-10 07:08 PM
    Well I did all of that prior to posting this thread. It appears that I have V 4.5.0.89 (platform 3.20.52). I don't even get a menu option to download images.
    10-18-10 08:25 PM
    In your Email press the BlackBerry button and choose Options. From the list of Messages Options select Email Settings. The second option is Enable HTML Email, choose Yes. You will then get 2 more options the first being Download Images Automatically, choose Yes. You will need to do this for eacy email account. Hope this helps.
    10-19-10 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD