I bought 2 used 8330 curve off of craigs list. when i tried to swap my number over to it. i did one a week ago and the verizon girl manualy reprogramed it for me (works great). Now i want in to setup the 2nd one (and the girl is gone) and they wont do it for me (stupid verizon). The origanl girl i that helped me did it maualy. DOes anyone know how to do it manualy w/o involving verizon. PLEASE HELP... i love the phone and would like to be able to use the 2nd one. (it might be that the guy i bought them off of didnt pay his bill)
    02-26-09 12:31 PM
    Verizon would have told you something along the lines of the phone still being active on another account if it was a billing issue with the guy you bought it from even if it was shut off due to non payment it would still show active on another account, I would contact him and ask or if the phone was reported lost or stolen it would be simular, sounds like a dirty ESN. Good Luck with it hope it works out for ya.
    02-26-09 12:48 PM
    Go to verizonwireless.com and create an account if you are the primary on the acct. Once you have an acct you can activate your 2nd Curve using the online ESN changer. If the ESN has a problem, it will give you an error message of some kind.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD