Hey all,

Oddities!...

Ok, so i am with O2 in the uk. Luckily they have a service called "Bluebook" which keeps a log (if you want it to) of all your sent and recieved texts (as well as contacts, calander, etc etc) which you can access online. This has been very usefull with my issue!.

On two occasions now, BBalerts has flashed away (as it does so well) to let me know i have a new text message. However when i look on my BB there is no text. I check my BBalerts log, and yes, the text has registered on there. A problem with BBalerts you say?... Nope... As when i login to my o2 Bluebook, there is my text in all its glory.

The blackberry itsself shows no sign of ever having recieved a text, no icon, no message in the inbox... nothing!

Why is my blackberry ignoring texts?... Everything else sees it, even a third party BB application such as BBalerts!

Like i say, this has only happened twice... But if it wasnt for Bluebook and BBalerts i'd never have known the text even existed! Luckily, also, both times it has happened i've been expecting the text, so, ya know!...

Anyone else had this problem, or know of any solutions?

Cheers!
    Jules.

P.S. texts were from different people, at completely different times...
    08-21-08 05:39 AM
    Have you checked your memory status, if it is low (under 10mb) then it could cause memory leak, losing call logs, text logs.
    08-21-08 05:50 AM
    so this just started happening recently? or has it happened pretty much for as long as you've had the phone and the two services, i.e. you've just gotten the phone.

have you added or removed any apps on your device recently? what apps do you have on there now? what's your memory situation look like? what OS are you running and/or did you upgrade the OS recently?
    08-21-08 05:51 AM
    threefive - memory status is just over 10mb. the only thing stored on internal memory is texts and a handful of emails.

oakie - the first time i noticed it happen was about a month and a half ago, the second time was yesterday. BB is about 6 months old.
    i have a few apps, bbalerts, google maps, facebook, got-2, and the uk version of telmap nav. not a great deal!.
    os4.2.2 no os upgrades.
    08-21-08 06:00 AM
    threefive - memory status is just over 10mb. the only thing stored on internal memory is texts and a handful of emails.

oakie - the first time i noticed it happen was about a month and a half ago, the second time was yesterday. BB is about 6 months old.
    i have a few apps, bbalerts, google maps, facebook, got-2, and the uk version of telmap nav. not a great deal!.
    os4.2.2 no os upgrades.
    it may just be a fluke with your carrier as the way text messages work is by floating these packets with voice data... they're "snuck in" with the data stream.

and they do get dropped or missed pretty often. but since thy always go thru your carrier's switched network, they'll be caught by your subscribed service and bbalerts will be able to catch the presence of the packet from it's onset, but the device and/or carrier may not be able to complete the transmission, hence not getting the message on your phone. liken it to getting a call from someone but it gets dropped as soon as you answer.

i think it's just the occasional loss and can be blamed on the carrier's network. i'd talk to them and see what they have to say about it.

packetloss is very rare, but it happens. even if it happens as often as .01%, if you dont text much and it happens to you twice amongst the billions of packets sent each day, it may seem ike a more frequent issue than it actually is.
    Last edited by oakie; 08-21-08 at 06:08 AM.
    08-21-08 06:05 AM

os4.2.2 no os upgrades.
    Sounds like you memory is getting pretty low, maybe you should think about removing some of the text and other apps on your BB. By increasing your memory your BB will run smoother, faster, and won't loose logs off your device.
    08-21-08 06:07 AM
    Sounds like you memory is getting pretty low, maybe you should think about removing some of the text and other apps on your BB. By increasing your memory your BB will run smoother, faster, and won't loose logs off your device.
    he's not losing the text message. it's just not arriving completely on his device.
    08-21-08 06:10 AM
    While he's in the safe zone but bairly I would still recommend using the guides to free up space for preventative maintenance. At this point if Jules ever wants to install another app or saves too many text messages or emails he will enter the danger zone and risk having all the messages, emails, and call logs automatically erased by the BB to free up the memory. To me its better to be safe now than sorry in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD