How good is this upgrade and is it worth upgrading.

If someone that has upgraded this ne OS can you let me know if it's worth upgrading or if it's any good.

Thanks
    Kei
    09-26-08 09:23 AM
    09-26-08 09:26 AM
    Thanks Garz!!!
    09-26-08 09:31 AM
    haha i love how forums mods have to answer the same questions in every thread and now all they post is links to the other threads that do answer the question
    09-26-08 09:32 AM
    I tried to upgrade 0.81 OS but don't know if i upgraded it right. I did the download but now im lost :O(
    09-26-08 09:51 AM
    You downloaded the OS to your computer..
    09-26-08 09:57 AM
    Hi tae,

yes i doin it now. I don't think I really followed the direction correctly but that's me. Im just waiting for the OS to finish downloading then I have to figure out where to find the vendor.xml file so I can delete it. will let you know how i made out and thanks again
    09-26-08 10:05 AM
    Hi tae,

yes i doin it now. I don't think I really followed the direction correctly but that's me. Im just waiting for the OS to finish downloading then I have to figure out where to find the vendor.xml file so I can delete it. will let you know how i made out and thanks again
    Once you have downloaded, install the file on you r PC. The OS is a PC application so double-mouse-click on it an install the thing.

Get CrackMem from my signature. This will manage the Vendor.xml issue for you. Read CrackMem's help text it has a step by step upgrade guide as well a lots of helpful links.

You must also have Desktop Manager installed. You can get that here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22. Get v4.6 with no media manager - it works better for what you are doing.
    09-26-08 10:13 AM
    To find the vendor.. After the download has finished go to start-my computers-program files-common files-research in motion-apploader- and at the bottom of that folder you should see the vendor file. Please be careful AND READ ALL THE DIRECTIONS STEP BY STEP. We don't eant another nuked berry case

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-08 10:15 AM
    ok i deleted the vendor.xml file but when I open my desktop manager it did not prompt the up grade so i went to app loader and nothing happend. I did a up grade before and didn't have as many problem with gradeing as im having with this one. when i went to apploader i still have the previous up grade listed it think it's 0.55. i getting very frustrated but i am a determine woman and i know i can do this i will keep at it because i know there is something im not doin right and i cant figure out what that something is
    09-26-08 10:30 AM
    Like I said, get CrackMem. It takes all the pain out of upgrading.

One other thing, You do have the OS that is for your phone do you not? Please verify that it is for the 8320. Again, CrackMem will display this information for you.
    09-26-08 10:38 AM
    Once you have downloaded, install the file on you r PC. The OS is a PC application so double-mouse-click on it an install the thing.

Get CrackMem from my signature. This will manage the Vendor.xml issue for you. Read CrackMem's help text it has a step by step upgrade guide as well a lots of helpful links.

You must also have Desktop Manager installed. You can get that here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22. Get v4.6 with no media manager - it works better for what you are doing.
    I learned the other day that DM is not required to upgrade unless you're on BES. I downloaded and installed .81 to my laptop that doesn't have DM installed. When the OS finished installing, it prompted me to connect my device and upgraded without any problem. The only issue I had was that I'm on BES, so it didn't go through the Enterprise Activation and I wasn't getting any company email. I then downloaded and installed DM, let it connect to my profile and connected my BB. Then the Enterprise Activation ran and all was as it should be.
    09-26-08 11:51 AM
    There is a program called Loader.exe that is installed as part of the OS. This program will upgrade the OS. But it stops there.

HOWEVER if you wish to do a Backup, synce and Restore as a part of the upgrade process then you absolutely need Desktop Manager which is why I said to install it. Because I think that Backing up Personal data is quite a good idea prior to wiping the phone with an OS upgrade. You MUST HAVE Desktop Manager to do the job properly.
    09-26-08 11:59 AM
    after trying to down load this 0.81 OS since 10:am this morning and it's now 2:55pm i finally got the download to work. see i tole you all im a determined women i will figure something out if it's takes me all day.
    09-26-08 02:00 PM
    Now that I downloaded the 0.81 OS what kind of changes upgraded on my 8320? I don't see anything different other than now I can't log onto youtube and that didn't happen before. So if anyone out there in crackberry land can let me know what the upgrade did.

09-26-08 06:35 PM
    Now that I downloaded the 0.81 OS what kind of changes upgraded on my 8320? I don't see anything different other than now I can't log onto youtube and that didn't happen before. So if anyone out there in crackberry land can let me know what the upgrade did or what am I looking for etc.

09-26-08 06:40 PM
    Now that I downloaded the 0.81 OS what kind of changes upgraded on my 8320? I don't see anything different other than now I can't log onto youtube and that didn't happen before. So if anyone out there in crackberry land can let me know what the upgrade did or what am I looking for etc.

09-26-08 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD