ok i updated my 8330 and my wifes and now when i get a call when i hit the green button and go to say hi it takes like 3 seconds before anyone can here me..My wifes phone does not do this....Anyone have a clue? Thanks...
    06-26-09 10:18 AM
    Do you have an 8330e, or 8330m? Did you wipe the device before installing the OS?
    06-26-09 01:09 PM
    Some people complain about this bug/problem, it is referred to as Call Answer delay. I've never experienced it myself, but had others ask if I had problems with it.
    06-26-09 01:13 PM
    Yeah its a bug normally associated with ESN devices. I think it was fixed in the MEID version of the OS.
    06-26-09 01:24 PM
    MEID? all i did is go to the update button and it did it so i have no clue what happened...
    06-26-09 01:36 PM
    Have you done a battery pull since updating?

Does it do it on all incoming calls?

If the battery pull doesn't work, you are fortunate to have your wife's 8330 as a resource.

You can try this: Make a backup of your 8330. Make a backup of your wife's 8330. Keep them separate, rename them if you have to to keep them straight.

Wipe your 8330. Options > Security Options > General Settings, Enter, Wipe handheld.

Connect your BB to the computer, open Desktop Manager and open the Device Switch wizard. Use your wife's 8330 as the "old" device and your 8330 as the "new" device. The Switch wizard will "clone" all your wife's settings onto your 8330.

After the Switch Device wizard is done. Connect your 8330 to the computer and open DM. Open Backup/Restore, Advanced. Click on the File link in the upper left part of the window. Browse to your backup file and click Open. The left side of the window will populate with databases that can be restored to your BB. Select the Address Book, then click on the button in the middle with >> on it. This will transfer your Address Book to your BB, overwriting your wife's address book.

Repeat with the Messages Database, and other's. You want to overwrite the important databases, but leave the other stuff alone. The idea is to restore your personal stuff, but leave the configuration databases alone because something in your original configuration may be causing the answer delay.

Hope this works.
    06-26-09 01:59 PM
    MEID? all i did is go to the update button and it did it so i have no clue what happened...
    Check your "About" screen in Options. Your device model will either be 8330, or 8330m (MEID device).

Sprint did away with ESN's and now uses MEID numbers as device ID.

I would just try wiping the device and reloading the OS first. Most of the time, a fresh re-load cures minor bugs. If that doesn't work, then follow xliderider's advice.
    06-26-09 02:30 PM
    Mine does it too but it doesn't bug me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 02:52 PM
    i checked and it just says 8330 no m....Well did a batt pull and it works for now but time will tell...I really dont want to mess up my cell so i get alittle unsure when it comes to this...lol...
    06-26-09 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD