I used the sprint os update to download the cell south os. Any sprint software is crapware designed like spyware to ruin your fun. Just use the desktop manager like everyone else in the world and it will work just fine if not better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 10:23 PM
    i have the simply everything plan andhave not had any extra charges
    09-16-09 01:58 PM
    i continue to have this issue as well. all was fine when i was on 4.3 but when i upgraded to 4.5, i cannot tether at all. I just tested TetherBerry and i can tether using that, on my Windows laptop and my Mac running Snow Leopard. but over bluetooth or USB, i can't do it. it works just fine on my old Pearl though. odd...
    09-16-09 05:49 PM
    i continue to have this issue as well. all was fine when i was on 4.3 but when i upgraded to 4.5, i cannot tether at all. I just tested TetherBerry and i can tether using that, on my Windows laptop and my Mac running Snow Leopard. but over bluetooth or USB, i can't do it. it works just fine on my old Pearl though. odd...
    Re-install Desktop manager then re-setup the connection.
    09-16-09 05:56 PM
    Re-install Desktop manager then re-setup the connection.
    thanks, i've tried that. i'm running the latest version, 5. it's funny, it works just fine w/ my Verizon 8330 that's on OS 4.5, it's just my Sprint 8330 with 4.5 that doesn't work. i've reverted back to 4.3 and it still doesn't work. i don't know what's going on, but i know they both work with Tetherberry without any issues. and it used to work with the Sprint Curve before I updated.
    thanks!
    09-16-09 08:32 PM
    thanks, i've tried that. i'm running the latest version, 5. it's funny, it works just fine w/ my Verizon 8330 that's on OS 4.5, it's just my Sprint 8330 with 4.5 that doesn't work. i've reverted back to 4.3 and it still doesn't work. i don't know what's going on, but i know they both work with Tetherberry without any issues. and it used to work with the Sprint Curve before I updated.
    thanks!
    Have you done a battery pull on the BB? Remember Tetherberry is using BB data and not dialing up as a modem. Sounds like the modem on the device isn't kicking in or being acknowledged. Make sure you've also rebooted the computer. If both of those have failed try switching USB ports.
    09-16-09 08:45 PM
    Have you done a battery pull on the BB? Remember Tetherberry is using BB data and not dialing up as a modem. Sounds like the modem on the device isn't kicking in or being acknowledged. Make sure you've also rebooted the computer. If both of those have failed try switching USB ports.
    still a no-go for both bluetooth and usb. its just odd that it works w/ Tetherberry. I know tetherberry uses a proxy, but i don't know what else is different that makes it work. thanks for the suggestions.
    09-18-09 01:56 PM
    It's #777
    Also, are you using the USB cable? Or are you using Bluetooth?
    I tried this just today & no luck. I can see the screen on my BB say "Modem Mode Enabled" as it's dialing...then I get the 678 Error.

Grrrrr.... I'm so frustrated that Sprint has taken this from us; I'm another one who was told by the sales rep at the store that it was NO PROBLEM to tether.
    10-13-09 11:18 AM
    so im not the only one! ive been using tethering on my laptop for MONTHS now. The other day my gf's phone got the 678 error, and a week later, mine is getting the same error.

i guess i have to try this tetherberry app? Im not sure what to do ...

10-13-09 01:48 PM
    Smart view as advised by sprint rep with new desktop manager i only get the error 678
    but downloaded the sharkmodem app and it worked untili reached the 10 meg limit now i have to purchase it. I suppose my question is has anyone else tried this and will it be disconected ina few days=weeks=month!! I think it is crap that I have air card works fine but sometimes my partner has it or im on road and would only use it on a limited basis. And think it is crap that we can not use the phone as modem option anymore
    !
    11-10-09 03:57 PM
    I'm trying to use my BB8330 phone as a modem, but I cant. Some body told me that sprint block that, and now you have to pay for that. That's true?????????????????/
    11-22-09 09:28 AM
    yes it is very true , you need to check out togetherberry , just 50 bucks one time and link up and go,
    11-22-09 10:13 AM
    yes it is very true , you need to check out togetherberry , just 50 bucks one time and link up and go,
    I need help setting up tethering on my 8330 Curve with Sprint/Nextel. Is there a recent instruction guide on how to set it up with the 8330? Do I need SmartView?

On Windows 7, I installed the current BB Desktop Manager 5.0.1, and the windows modem was setup automatically. I'm able to query the modem in the control panel->modem section, with the 8330 curve connected via USB.

When I tried to setting up a dialing network connection to my modem using my Sprint/nextel account I receive error 678. Do I need software like Tether for BlackBerry, or mobishark.com?

I also noticed in the BB Desktop Manager there is a IPModem Configuration, but I'm not sure how or if it should be setup, or do I even need it setup?.

lwintegrationtest.com/bbmodem.png

I have the unlimited plan with Sprint/Nextel, but would like to use tethering when traveling.

Thanks.

Matt
    01-31-10 08:03 PM
    Do I need software like Tether for BlackBerry, or mobishark.com?
    Yes you will need a 3rd party program like the ones you mentioned. Tetherberry seems to be popular.

Sprint cut users ability to tether using smartview and windows dialup last fall.
    02-02-10 01:58 AM
    Yes you will need a 3rd party program like the ones you mentioned. Tetherberry seems to be popular.
    Can anyone tell me what their download speed is using TetherBerry on the 8330 curve?

Thanks!
    02-02-10 02:41 AM
    Hopefully this helps someone. I have an 8310 (AT&T) and a 8330 (Sprint). AT&T does not encompass modem connection in their unlimited data plan. Sprint however still does. I just got a new laptop yesterday with Windows 7 and loaded Smartview but did not load Desktop Manager. The install went through seemlessly!!! No need for D.M. for drivers. It is rock solid!! Working on the VPN right now but I thought this maybe useful for someone having issues.
    Keep Crackin',
    Glenn
    02-09-10 01:48 PM
    can you tether via a Bluetooth Connection?

My USB port doesn't work. I'm guessing its not possible, but man i wish I could given I have a trip coming up.
    09-03-10 04:17 PM
    can you tether via a Bluetooth Connection?

My USB port doesn't work. I'm guessing its not possible, but man i wish I could given I have a trip coming up.
    See if this works.

How To Tether a Blackberry 8330 via Bluetooth | Ray Jezek's Blog

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Karmaloop; 09-03-10 at 08:13 PM.
    09-03-10 08:10 PM
    Got it working. Had a bigger issue getting my bluetooth working and paired with the phone than with setting up the tethering. Had issues with my Bluetooth Support Service not being started. I ordered a bluetooth adapter for $1.80 from Dealextreme. Hopefully it works and I can return the $39.99 rip off one from Best Buy.
    09-03-10 11:17 PM
    is it dial up? becouse it is telling me in windows 7 that it is can anyone help?
    09-04-10 03:38 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD