Deep in conversation in another thread that I started, I remembered a certain blog I came across a long time ago... it said something about using your blackberry smartphone as a modem... that way you could use your iPod touch wherever you have cellular network.... i like the idea since i normally carry around both my ipod and blackberry all the time as they each perform functions that i enjoy... if anyone can help me figure out how to do this it would be greatly appreciated... btw i have a blackberry curve 8330 running BB OS 4.5.0.66; i am a moderate user who uses their blackberry for enjoyment not business; i really dont want to do any hacking, void any warranties, or break any contracts, but i'm always open to suggestions... thanks to all replies!!
    01-06-09 09:27 PM
    I use mine as a modem all the time. After the initial setup it's very easy. First you have to download desktop manager. Then, depending on what the OS is on your computer, create a new dialup connection. I am also with US Cellular and in the fields that say username and password, I leave them blank. For the dialed number I use *99***1#. It should connect right up. Also, if you have problems, this has been discussed alot, just use the search field and put in "blackberry as a modem"- this way if my directions were not thorough enough those threads will help you.
    01-07-09 11:25 AM
    I use mine as a modem all the time. After the initial setup it's very easy. First you have to download desktop manager. Then, depending on what the OS is on your computer, create a new dialup connection. I am also with US Cellular and in the fields that say username and password, I leave them blank. For the dialed number I use *99***1#. It should connect right up. Also, if you have problems, this has been discussed alot, just use the search field and put in "blackberry as a modem"- this way if my directions were not thorough enough those threads will help you.
    thanks but i guess i worded my question wrong... im not looking to connect my computer to us cellular... im looking to sort of allow my ipod touch to see my blackberry kind of as a router and be able to connect to us cellular internet wherever i go.... c what i mean?
    01-07-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD