My home telephone service has been shut off for quite sometime now, so I dont have the luxury of using my fax machine anymore. Is there a possible way to be able to use my 8330 Curve to send a fax in some way?

I guess I shoulda been more clear on what I am trying to do. Is there a possible way to tether my blackberry to a fax machine? With my BB tethered to my laptop, can I fax somehow like this?

Thanks
    Last edited by giarc25; 01-27-09 at 11:28 PM.
    01-27-09 11:21 PM
    eOffice�, DynoPlex Inc.

Fax directly from the phone. I have been using this for quite a
    while and it works flawlessly.
    01-27-09 11:39 PM
    ok, that sound pretty cool! It does bring me to another question though. I have emailed my resume to my phone so it would be on there. I am still running OS V4.3, so I do not have Docs to Go yet. My resume is in .doc format, and after opening the email attachment, I can view it just fine, but the formatting is all messed up. Dont know if this is cause of the small screen on the BB, or cause I am not using Docs writer?

Will that software keep the format correct so it would look the same to the recipient as it does on my laptop?
    01-27-09 11:52 PM
    Yes it will maintain the format of the majority of things. And a
    simple MS Word doc will be no issue. I have a few heavily
    formatted, multi-page spreadsheets (one of which is 75 pages) that
    display perfectly.

I constantly fax and email documents back and forth between my
    office, various departments and external concerns and no one on
    the other end has ever had an issue with what I've sent.

And from my understanding Docs2Go, even the Premium version,
    cannot not do direct from phone faxing.
    01-28-09 12:07 AM
    right on - I guess from what I was seeing about this software, it would be redundant to have docs2go. They are basically the same thing, with this software having better functionality? I am not gonna pull the trigger on buying it yet, but it definitely looks like a great piece of software!
    01-28-09 12:18 AM
    There is an evaluation copy, so you can kick the tires.
    By the bye, I have used both programs extensively and by
    every objective measure eOffice kicks the crap out of Docs2Go Premium.
    01-28-09 01:03 AM
    really good information, thanks so much for sharing

I was gonna get the eval, but its only good for 7 days. It is fully functional though, so thats a plus. I will wait til I have the spare funds to purchase it.
    01-28-09 01:48 AM
    It is well worth it. That is one program that I will always have on
    my phone. And the big plus is that it is $40 less the Docs2Go.
    Definitely try it and yes the eval is 100% functional.
    01-28-09 01:53 AM
    you could also try myfax (myfax.com) which will give you a toll free fax number and allow you to send any e-mail as a fax.... pretty cool actually and I have been using it for about 3 years, no more fax machine
    01-28-09 09:59 AM
    So, I know about "Myfax", that being i can fax from my computer.

BUT is there a way to fax FROM my regular fax machine, using my BB as the phone line going out? like a phone jack wire on one sie and a mini USB on the other, allowing me to "Dial OUTBOUND via fax machine"

just like they used to on cell phones from laptops in airports to get onto a dial up connections

Thanks
    Adam
    02-03-09 08:01 AM
    I am really interested in the same thing. I would like to use my sprint 8330 as a phone line to fax a paper doc through my hp 7280 all in one printer copier scanner fax. What would be the alternative scan doc to lapto or BB and then do an efax? Any thoughts appreciated. Phil
    02-18-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD