I would like to use Gmail to check my mail on my phone, but I also would like to have my email address configured on my phone so I get notified when I get a new message. Currently every single time I get an email I have to check it in the Gmail app, and then go into my messages and read them all again just to get the 'new message' light to go off.

Is there any way around this?
    12-27-08 07:20 PM
    You could set up your gmail account on your device. Go to your providers BIS login and set the account up there.
    12-27-08 07:24 PM
    You only need to use one or the other. Either set up gmail directly in BIS on your phone, or use the GMail app. Both can notifiy you of new email.
    12-27-08 07:25 PM
    How do I get the phonesemail applicationto ACTUALLY delete emails on the server and ACTUALLY mark red messages read on the serve. You know, REAL IMAP?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 07:41 PM
    There is another post for this, but the gist of the answer was to go to gmail-labs-advanced imap to get the settings for deleting and marking email status in gmail. Just make sure that your bb is set up to use the imap. Default when you setup is pop. You will have to manually configure the bis

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 08:27 PM
    12-27-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD