Im new to BB and have just bought the 8310 curve.

I have downloaded BB Maps from blackberry.com/maps but when I enter the application I see no map, just diagonal lines.

Can anyone please post some simple instructions how to use the BB Map programme.

Also, when you use the programme is all the mapping shown locally or is information download. My queastion here is to understand if its costing me money each time I use it.

Many thanks in advance
    04-05-08 02:52 PM
    Sounds like you don't have a BB data plan. BB Maps needs a data plan to access it's map information from the internet.
    04-05-08 03:08 PM
    Welcome to CB!

BB maps uses Data from your allowance.
    04-05-08 03:11 PM
    Welcome to the Crack.
    Other than the cost of a monthly Data Plan, no, there are no other cost.
    04-05-08 03:33 PM
    Oddly enough, my phone didn't come with BB Maps.. I've always wanted to try it out though.

Welcome
    04-05-08 03:36 PM
    mzshey, I just learned today that BB Maps is not available on AT & T! seems they favour telenav or something.
    04-05-08 03:39 PM
    mzshey, I just learned today that BB Maps is not available on AT & T! seems they favour telenav or something.
    TeleNav came with my AT& T phone but I quickly got rid of it because it has a monthly charge. Google Maps is what I am currently using. It's FREE (other than the cost of the data plan).

Derek
    04-05-08 05:15 PM
    Oddly enough, my phone didn't come with BB Maps.. I've always wanted to try it out though.

Welcome
    Check out John Clark's Memory Optimization instructions. He explains how to install BBMaps on your AT&T Phone. Search the forum for Memory Optimization. You'll find it.
    04-05-08 06:00 PM
    BB maps will work on AT&T. Just go to blackberry.com and download them. Ignore the message on the BB site about them not being available for AT&T.
    I tried them and they worked, but I prefer Google maps so I deleted BB maps.
    04-05-08 06:17 PM
    Hi and welcome.
    04-05-08 09:20 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    I have ATT and downloaded BB maps with no problem. I prefer Telenav though. I like the voice navigation.
    04-05-08 09:43 PM
    I do have a data plan. But nothing seems to be happening.

SO, do the maps sit locally on the device or are they downloaded? I'm getting they are downloaded - if thats the case, are the maps big and therefore cost much to use?

Have any off the well know satnav companies ported their maps to 8310?
    04-06-08 06:52 AM
    I see your info says 8310. Do you have the phone patched for BB maps? I know at&t's OS by default does not have bb maps enabled.

You could also give Google Maps a whirl. Maybe you will like it better than BB maps.
    04-06-08 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD