Hey everyone, I used the program MaxMem to try and get a little more memory out of the curve. I deleted the ringtones, I made a back up like it repeatedly asks, but the backup did not back up the sounds, I of course didn't know that till after the fact... Now my bb has no sound at all and is kinda acting goofy. Is there anyway to get these sounds back, a package somewhere or whatever? If I put on a new OS would that do it? Thanks a lot.

~Mickey
    01-25-10 11:20 AM
    Yes you will have to redownload os. I did the same thing. After I restored it I used maxmem to just delete voice dialing and BES. Niether of these I use. Gave me quite a bit more memory. Gl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 11:40 AM
    Alright, so in downloading the OS, where do I get it? Blackberry's site? Should I stick with the t-mobile version or does it not matter? Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

~Mickey
    01-25-10 12:12 PM
    Check this out. You don't need to reload the whole OS. Just get JL Cmder and follow these instructions. Super simple. Had to do it Saturday:

antihackerlink.or.id/restore-default-blackberry-ringtones
    (add "http" & "://" before the link and "." & "html" after - I haven't posted enough to add a link)
    01-25-10 12:13 PM
    AntiHackerlink � Blog Archive � Restore Default BlackBerry Ringtones

If You are new in using MaxMem and accidently delete all the default Ringtones and Notifier sounds
    you can restore back the ringtone with JL Commander without reinstalling your BlackBerry OS
    I will give explanation how to doing this, fyi im using win XP and gonna restore default ringtones
    on BlackBerry 8310 with OS 4.5.0.153 ( This is just example you can do in another version OS and
    different type of BlackBerry too )

1. You must Have JL_Cmder installed on your pc
    2. Copy net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks.cod to C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder
    – You can get net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks.cod file from
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.5.0.153_P2.7.0.105\Java
    which is it depends on your BB type and OS, it can be
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\BBTYPE-BBOS\Java
    or just open
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\
    and see what file folder reside in it, that is your blackberry loader files, and then browse to Java
    directory inside your BlackBerry OS files
    – Usually this folder will appear if you had installed BlackBerry OS in your pc
    example : I download ... RIM OS Loader
    and install it in my pc, so I will get that directory above.
    If you hadnt install BlackBerry OS in your pc you wont have directory
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\
    3. Install net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks.cod using JL Commander, the command will be like this
    JavaLoader.exe -usb load net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks.cod
    example :
    C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>JavaLoader.exe -usb load net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks.cod
    RIM Wireless Handheld Java Loader
    Copyright 2001-2008 Research In Motion Limited
    Connected
    Loading net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networksDone
    268312 bytes sent at ~715498 bps
    Disconnected
    C:\Program Files\JL_Cmder>
    4. Disconnect and QuickPull / restart your BlackBerry

Bookmark, Share and Enjoy:
    Thanks for the link, this information will be valuable for the frequent times this happens.

I have highlighted in Bold the file name and the actual command. Some member may have difficultly with the JL_Cmder command line, but the most popular utility programs have make it push button simple to restore a missing COD file.

CrackUtil and BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK) will do that job without the complex command line.

The other technique is very similar, it requires the same files be installed so you can use Applications Loader within BlackBerry Desktop Manger. It will recognize all the missing files and restore them back to original condition. This completely reverses out the changes MaxMem makes.

01-25-10 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD