Hey.
    I just got a new Blackberry Curve 8300 for ATT and I do NOT have any data plan at all nor does it support wifi, as you may now know.
    It would be awesome if i could use the browser on my phone...
    SO.........
    Here's my question,
    Is there ANY way, through software or something that i can connect to my phone browser using my computer/laptop thorugh a usb cable.
    Im kind of a blackberry novice so... Lamen's terms would be neccesary.
    Thank you for the help.
    12-11-08 07:58 PM
    I'm not sure if I understand.

It is not possible to use your computer's internet connection and forward it to your blackberry. This is only available on wifi enabled blackberry's that can connect directly to a router. Sorry :-\ I know, it's a bummer. I live in the boondocks when I'm not at college and I have no cell service, wifi would be nice on my 8330.
    12-11-08 10:47 PM
    yea i want to use my service on my curve to get the internet on my laptop like if im on the road and dont have a wifi hook up, can this happen?
    12-11-08 11:07 PM
    I think what you're asking about sneakerhead is different from the original poster's question. What you are referring to is using your bb as a modem tether. I'm not sure if there is a free way to do this on your bb, but depending on who your cell provider is this can definately be done for a monthly fee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 11:13 PM
    wrzt cool thanks im going to try it out tomorrow, and post it back up, thanks for the insight
    12-11-08 11:15 PM
    Using your blackberry internet service as an internet connection for your laptop IS possible. It is called tethering. Many carriers charge to do this. Even if you have an unlimited data plan, you can still be charged.

Using your computer's internet connection (cable, dsl) as an internet connection for your blackberry is NOT possible. UNLESS you have a wifi enabled blackberry (8120 Pearl, 8220 Pearl Flip, 8320 Curve, 8820, and 9000 Bold are blackberry's with wifi. If I missed one I am sorry)
    12-11-08 11:17 PM
    Sneakerhead,

search sprints website for an application called Sprint Smartview. Once you have that installed and running (installs fast and easy), connect the curve to the PC via USB and click connect. It's that easy. The app is free to download by the way. I've never gotten charged for using it, but you may want to make sure. I have sprint with unlimited data. Tethering isn't "part of my plan" but it works nevertheless. Also, you can do it via Bluetooth if you don't have a cable (this will drain your battery fast).
    12-11-08 11:23 PM
    I can confirm that Sprint's Smart View works.

You should just be aware that the unlimited data plan is not truly unlimited. It is capped at 5GB per month. If you go over 5GB, you risk interruption and additional fees. I believe there is an additional plan you can subscribe to for tethering that allows you beyond 5GB. Streaming music and video will use this up quickly.
    12-12-08 05:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD