I am having problems trying to connect the device to my computers, I have two laptops and a desktop with me now. One of the laptops is a Mac. I try connecting the phone to it via USB and nothing happens. When I do the same to the window's ones it just says the USB device isnt recognized. In all the cases the thing shows the little plugged icon for a second then it disappears. I've tried it all with memory card and without it and disabling mass storage as well. It still doesnt work.

I dont charge the curve ever I just keep swapping the charged battries that I have. I have the Amzer dock that has a option to charge an extra battery so I just keep the battery on charge, nevertheless when I tried charging it worked so I am think this might be a software thing, and I cannot upgrade it if its not detected. What do you think I should do?
    08-15-08 06:00 AM
    Try shutting down the PC or laptop, whichever one you use the most. Plug in the charging station to the USB port with your phone in the charger and then reboot your PC. It should recognize the charging station. Often times, if you have or run a lot of peripherals, the PC or laptop will simply drop the connection with certain USB ports. Usually, rebooting will solve this.
    08-15-08 07:11 AM
    Have you installed the drivers for the BB on the computers?

They must be installed in order to be recognized. The CB that comes with the BB will do it, otherwise go to BlackBerry or your carrior website to find the proper software.
    08-15-08 07:13 AM
    Tried everything, still doesnt work!
    08-17-08 10:17 AM
    The device will not be seen the MAC. To sync with the MAC your need Pocket Mac. As for the PC, make sure you are running the current version of the Desktop manager or try to remove the DM and re-install. Make sure the device is NOT connected to the computer when installing
    08-17-08 10:23 AM
    Seeing that you have tried 3 dfferent machines I surely think its the charging cradle or the device itself, get it exchanged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 10:40 AM
    Thats not a option here, BlackBerries arn't officially supported here in India. Its a nightmare. If I have to get it replaced I have no option but to buy a new one
    08-17-08 10:44 AM
    Are you using the USB cable that came with the Blackberry? Sounds silly but i was trying for ages to connect mine to my Mac before realising not all USB cables are the same.

Also, as someone said, with a mac plugging it in won't necessarily show anything. If you download Pocket Mac Sync Manager then you will see it when the app is open. If you have a key lock on your BB make sure you turn it off so that pocket mac will recognise you.
    Sorry, don't have a clue about PC's.....
    08-17-08 01:09 PM
    After trying everything I have come to a conclusion that its something to do with the hardware. I have tried many different cables/systems but to no avail.

There goes another 600$

Thanks a bunch guys!
    08-18-08 02:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD