Hi everyone, I got my T-Mobile Curve 8320 in May but was out of the country for a month and didn't get a chance to use it much (not going to pay $1 a minute, haha). So far I LOVE it, except that I have been unable to get my Dell E1705 laptop running Vista Ultimate to recognize it in Desktop Manager/Device Manager when I connect with USB. I've tried searching the forums and have tried taking out the battery, using all 6 of the USB ports, reinstalling both the most updated software on the BB website and the T-Mobile website. I also tried to connect it on another computer but it is a piece of crap and I couldn't even get the Desktop Manager to install . My next step is calling BB tech support, but decided to see if I could find an answer here first, I already found plenty of other help here. Thanks all you crackberry users!

EDIT: I thought some of you might want to know how I managed to fix my problem. After spending over an hour on the phone with BB support, we still couldn't figure out a solution. The problem seemed to be when I connected it to the computer with the battery in, it recognized it as a USB Mass Storage device, regardless of whether or not there was an SD card in the phone. When it was plugged in without the battery, it would correctly use the Blackberry driver. I ended up having to manually find the BB driver and assign it to the Mass Storage Device in Device Manager. And now everything works wonderfully and I am once again a happy Blackberry user. If you are at you wits end like I was, CHECK YOUR DRIVERS.
    Last edited by penguin2788; 08-06-08 at 12:06 PM.
    08-03-08 02:46 PM
    What version DM is it that you've installed. Also, you may need to download the USB & Modem drivers specifically for the version DM you have installed. If you go to THIS link, select the version DM you have installed and scroll down and find the USB Modem & Drivers.
    08-03-08 02:56 PM
    it wont recognize your phone without the desktop manager try reinstalling it.
    08-03-08 03:09 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Vista will work correctly with v4.3 and v4.5 BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you have installed an earlier version from the CD, it will recommend doing an upgrade check.

BlackBerry USB device drivers are native to Vista, no issues there.

08-03-08 03:47 PM
    Try getting the latest USB drivers from Microsoft for Vista or reload them, They may be corrupted. Also, did you try another USB cable or use the same one? You may have a bad cable.

Hope this helps!
    08-03-08 04:10 PM
    Thanks for trying to help, but I still haven't been able to get it to work.

I've tried both the version on the cd (4.3) and 4.5 from the website. I've also tried two other USB cables so i don't think it is that. All of the drivers for the ports seem to be up to date and working properly since all of my other devices work. Also Windows is recognizing a connection because I am able to transfer files to the microSD card in my phone. The phone still just gives me the message about not being able to charge correctly and the Desktop Manager still has no idea that anything is connected. I can connect with bluetooth, but I can't use the application loader with the bluetooth and there in lies the annoyance. I guess it's time to see if the tech support can do anything to help me.
    08-03-08 10:48 PM
    I solved my problem, see my original post for the details

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-08 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD