Finally after a long night trying to have my 8330 device recognized on my PC, installing, deinstalling, rebooting, etc., etc., I found a solution to this frustrating problem.

The last thing I did was trying my USB cable with another device, and it worked perfectly, so my reasoning sent me to check for my BlackBerry 8330 hardware connector on the left side.

I checked under a bright light inside my 8330 left side USB hole and found that one of the middle pins was misaligned, so I used a small pin to push it down and pucked it into its place and VOILA!

I recommend BEFORE installing a deinstalling, rebboting, etc. to CHECK FOR THE USB PINS TO BE IN PLACE!!!!

I have my BB 8330 up and running with Desktop manager 4.6 and upgraded to version 4.3.0.127

I hope someone makes this as a sticky post.

I hope to contribute and return all the help that I get in these forums.
    Last edited by spenhos; 08-03-08 at 02:48 AM.
    08-03-08 02:45 AM
    I'm glad you finally figured out what was wrong and that you were able to fix it. It sucks that you had to go through so much to get the answer though!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 02:54 AM
    I tried every imaginable solution, and i found that little 'defect' on the hardware...

Sometimes happen, but what makes me angry is that on the Blackberry site neither my service provider were able to help!
    08-03-08 02:59 AM
    The mini-USB port is a truly horrible pice of hardware. I cannot imagine what the guy who designed it was thinking about. The pins are so flimsy as to practically guarantee failure if used more than just occasionally.

Of course, RIM never intended this port to be used other than for occasional maintainence.

Charging should be done via the robust contacts on the back with the phone dropped into a cradle (not delivered with the phone -bad move by RIM).

Syncing on BES (RIM's major install base) is OTA. It is only use BIS poor relations that have to sync via the USB port.

The only time that the USB port is used in the corpotare BlackBerry world is for OS updates and the occassional blocked phone. Under OS 4.5 BES users will even get OS updates OTA.

Once again use BIS users are forced to use this crap little USB connector daily for charging, syncing and upgrading.

For me, this is THE WORST part of the BlackBerry hardware design and it is so easily fixed.
    1). supply a cradle with every phone.
    2). equip both phone (new models only - obviously) and cradle with the neccessary extra connectors to allow both charging and sync/upgrading via the cradle. This would eliminate the use of the USB connector.
    08-03-08 06:19 AM
    1). supply a cradle with every phone.
    2). equip both phone (new models only - obviously) and cradle with the neccessary extra connectors to allow both charging and sync/upgrading via the cradle. This would eliminate the use of the USB connector.
    I couldn't agree more!!!
    08-03-08 06:32 AM
    Number 1 accessory to buy for a BlackBerry is this I got mine on ebay but you can buy them here in the CrackBerry store. If you buy on ebay make sure to buy a 'genuine blackberry charging cradle' . There are some cradles out there that still use the USB port - duh.
    08-03-08 06:40 AM
    Well, what is making me angry is that RIM is not accepting that the mini USB is not a piece of hardware that can be used for the 'hard' work of connecting the charger, the sync cable, etc. for at least 5-10 times a day.

Having your device not recognized by your PC is a really nightmare. The USB failing to connect properly is attributed mainly to a software problem.

The good part of all this USB error is that it forced me to use the bluetooth for syncing with my PC. Although is kind of an unstable connection.

I hope that the solution that I found helps everyone that has a USB connection to solve it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-08 11:16 AM
    My Curve had a bad usb port. Long story
    short I spent hours on phone with tech
    support level 2 and no luck. Took the device to corporate store and they agreed with me "bad port" Now with my New Curve I am facing having to individuly
    enter my phone book one at a time. I could't back it up with the old Curve due
    to Desk Top Manager not finding the pin
    on phone, it would see a device was connected buy no pin therefore I could not back up anything, it came from RIM
    this way. I have the contact list on the
    Curve I am sending back to Sprint but since the port is bad I don't know how to
    xfur it to my new one.
    Here's the "kicker" I don't remember how
    I got the phone book on the defective Curve! Since then I have wiped the Pearl
    I had, thinking I was going to sell it, and
    upgraded from 4.3 to 4.5 Desktop Top Manager.
    So the only copy of the LARGE phone book is on the Curve with bad port.

c

"
    08-05-08 08:19 AM
    Sounds like the problem I had with my 8300. Wish I had thought to check the port up close, but sent it to the ebay seller I got it from and will be receiving a new phone in the next day or so.

Guess I need to look into buying one of those cradles!
    08-05-08 09:43 AM
    I seem to be having some sort of issue with my USB port or something is going on. I just got my new BB Curve last week and when I try to use Roxio it says it cannnot detect the BB yet the BB says it is connected. Im all new to this Blackberry world, please have patience lol. Thanks.

P.S. Also I am having issues with Moodio, I went to m.moodio.fm site but I dont get how it works, any suggestions?
    Last edited by Ellaminte; 08-05-08 at 10:42 AM.
    08-05-08 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD