My 8320 was having problems where it would shut off during calls or after I hang up. TMobile sent a new phone under warranty. I need to transfer everything over.

When I tried so this morning I managed to destroy the female connection on the phone for the usb cord. Now my only way to connect to desktop manager is bluetooth. When I bought my laptop I had no problem connecting via bluetooth. I recently had my pc formatted and reinstalled with vista. They forgot the bluetooth drivers. So I just installed them and paired the phone. It seems like I did everything correct.

I found a post on this forum, I can't post the link though since I am a new user. If you search "crackberry bluetooth greyed out" on google it is the first link...The solution involves right clicking on the desktop manager over the device, but I cannot connect via USB so it says, "none" where the spot for the device is.

I am afraid to use my phone at all right now for fear that it will shut off and I cannot charge it. So the clock is ticking...and I need to get back on the phone.

I am a competent novice with pcs and blackberries, but if someone could assist with a step-by-step solution asap I know I can fix this. I greatly appreciate it.

-Phil
    Last edited by pr9ball; 05-03-09 at 06:05 PM. Reason: grammar
    05-03-09 05:50 PM
    Fixed it. Backed up and restored via bluetooth. Had to add some lines of code to some file to make it native windows xp bluetooth drivers. Or something like that. I found the fix on the HP website.
    05-07-09 10:15 AM
    You can always get a charging base/pod. this saves your USB from the constant use. I keep one on my desk and just drop the BB in it every time I'm done. You don't even have to be real accurate, it always seems to make a connection.
    05-07-09 10:19 AM
    You can always get a charging base/pod. this saves your USB from the constant use. I keep one on my desk and just drop the BB in it every time I'm done. You don't even have to be real accurate, it always seems to make a connection.
    This is what I do as well. I only use the USB connection for data transfer and if I am travelling I use an iPod travel charger w/ my synch cable. 90% of the time, I stay away from the mini USB port.
    05-07-09 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD