Hey Pete

It seems that update went through really well! My Vodafone Browser is still there and it works!

How do I check whether my firmware has been updated?
    06-10-08 03:25 PM
    Go to Options, About and read the 3rd line down and it should say 4.2.2.146 if you still have the Vodafone OS or 4.2.2.194 if you are running the TIM release.

All this software comes from RIM and it is entirely up to the individual carrier who releases what. We shall see this with 4.5. I have heard that AT&T will release it next month followed by other carriers a bit later. These guys all do a bit of 'value added' too which takes time. I have a Vodafone 8100 that has a load of Vodafone Live crap on it. I have never used it and, never will so I just hide the icon (Menu, Hide whilst hovering over the icon) but these guys all like to play.

Glad you are back on-line again.
    06-10-08 03:40 PM
    I must thank you again. I would have died without CrackBerry site!

GoogleMaps doesn't work on my phone, it say Network unavailable. This is weird because I do see "gprs" on the screen and my Vodafone browser is working normally. Maybe they want me to subscribe to BIS? Facebook app also doesn't work.

I'll get Opera Mini as you suggested.
    06-10-08 03:45 PM
    It has to say GPRS in UPPERcase for it to work. If you have it in lowercase (gprs) then it ain't logged into the network.

I know this because this is what a). the manual says and b). because only one of my phones has a data plan and when I visit the UK this is what I see.

How did you download Google Maps? did you go to Google Maps on your phone? If so, you have a network connection.
    06-10-08 03:54 PM
    Yeah I did download Google Map from my phone. I do have GPRS connection, it works when I use my Vodafone browser.
    06-10-08 03:59 PM
    Skyrider, Pete6 isnt the only person who can help you here there are plenty more people in this community who are willing to help regardless of how you ask.

I also have yet to see the rules to proper posting and requests for help.

ps pete6 I think he got the idea you had a small brain because you said you had a small brain
    06-10-08 04:04 PM
    Skyrider, Pete6 isnt the only person who can help you here there are plenty more people in this community who are willing to help regardless of how you ask.

I also have yet to see the rules to proper posting and requests for help.

ps pete6 I think he got the idea you had a small brain because you said you had a small brain
    I've never said I have a small brain (I'm just a complete newbie)! Anyway I do welcome helps from any member of CrackBerry! I'd greatly appreciate any tips etc.

This forum is great!
    06-10-08 04:37 PM
    Whoa, hold on guys. Pease re-read the thread. What happened was this:
    skyrider007 was the Original Poster and I am dialoging with him.

....In the middle of this,

Alx23txs jumps in to the thread and asks a question so I make a joke about ME having a small brain to indicate that I can really only work down one subject in one thread at a time and ask him (Alx23txs) to start his own thread.

I carry on chatting to skyrider007 and get a resolution.

Then..... you guys jump all over me. Check the thread, man, you'll see what happened.

SOUJAH345: There are, as far as I know, no rules for posting in here and that is, imo, just as it should be. From this two things arise.
    1). People need to respect the conversation threads of others and not just jump in with similar but unrelated, out of sequence questions. How would you feel about havinfg an important conversation suddenly interuppted. You would not like it, would you.
    2). I therefore have the same rights as anyone else, as do you regarding posts. I have done and will continute to politely (read my post) ask people not to but into my conversations and to please start their own posts when they want help.

If this does not suit them or, yourself, then I am sorry. For they do not seem to understand the basics of mature and disciplined adult conversation.

Cheers - Pete
    Last edited by Pete6; 06-10-08 at 05:12 PM.
    06-10-08 04:55 PM
    skyrider007 are you saying that you can connect with your Blackberry browsr but not with Google maps? If so, and if you pay monthly for your phone, got to this link on your phone http://wapota.vizzavi.co.uk/dms/cm?p...ef&Rebrand=yes

Which is an automatic setup, so I'm informed.
    If you pay as you go, then got to Options, Advanced Options, TCP and enter the data below.
    APN wap.vodafone.co.uk Username: wap Password: wap DNS: 212.183.137.012
    06-10-08 05:00 PM
    I appreciate your politeness Master Pete6. I didnt mean to gang up on you, sorry bout that.
    06-11-08 01:07 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD