So, I can't load a page that has a "certificate problem". I bought the phone to open this page specifically. Anybody have any ideas? I have tried opening it in both browsers. The desktop says "certificate error" but we just hit continue and it works. That doesn't work on my BB. It just stops loading.

The other thing I have been disapointed with is the applications. i know there is a HUGE difference between the iphone and BB, but the applications are really hard to find, very expensive and low quality. Anyone wanna give me a pep talk and help me fall in love with my BB again???

03-09-09 10:34 PM
    I'm sorry you feel that way about your bb! I LOVE mine!!! I go online all the time but I have a problem too! I can't logon to wellsfargo.com and I bank through them so its really hard when I'm on the go and I took off my home internet for this data plan I have on my bb!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 11:22 PM
    What kind of applications are you looking for? And also there is a sticky on the top of either this page or the General Blackberry Discussion page with the most popular BB downloads.. most all of which are free.
    03-09-09 11:25 PM
    well, my sister has her ipod touch. Her applications seem so advanced compared to BB's. BB's seem so outdated. i dont know, she has fun stuff like optical illusions etc. A lot of the applications I find are multiple versions of chat or picture uploads. For example, myspace or facebook or other picture upload sites. Does anyone know how to open a page that has a problem with certificates. Other than that, I love mine too. But I can't log onto my credit card or local DMV.
    03-11-09 02:28 PM
    BlackBerry is all about security. You are likely not going to be able to load a webpage with a bad certificate.
    03-11-09 05:38 PM
    To get onto you bank, credit cards etc. you can get an application called Pageonce. It works great, the only downside is that you have to tell it to update your accounts. I believe its only $9.99 now.
    03-11-09 05:46 PM
    I'm probably going to get slammed for this but.....
    Blackberries are a great tool for the business person and wasn't developed for recreation. I think it is evolving into what the general public wants but it still primarily remains a business tool, not a toy to do all the "neat" (and often useless) stuff the iphone does. Sure, it has it's share of problems but RIM and especially Crackberry try to resolve these issues. I love my Blackberry and I hope everyone else does too! It's like a marriage - you gotta work on it to be happy.
    03-11-09 06:21 PM
    I can log onto wellsfargo.com with the bolt web browser.
    03-11-09 07:14 PM
    Go to wf.com on your browser to log in to wellsfargo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 07:53 PM
    I use my berrys for both personal and for work and i absolutely LOVE THEM!! IMO the iPhone is all show and really not much else. I havent found anything i "cant" do on any of my Blackberrys. Granted everyone has diff wants and desires but as for apps there are tons of free apps out there.
    03-11-09 08:13 PM
    So you bought the phone just to open this one page?
    03-11-09 08:16 PM
    So you bought the phone just to open this one page?
    For the most part, yes. I wanted to check driving records on the go. As I am not at my office much.
    03-12-09 10:06 AM
    I'm slowly falling in love with it. I found slacker radio for free...since my sirius doesn't work on here. But I'm dissapointed that most of the quality BB apps are pretty expensive. My sister's ipod (which I agree with most of your comments about) has quality ones for free on itunes.
    03-12-09 10:07 AM
    BlackBerry is all about security. You are likely not going to be able to load a webpage with a bad certificate.
    Is there any other way other than wiping out my phone and resetting it to figure out my pass code? or key code? Whatever it is. That's what the browser asks me for. I think if I could find that, it would let me. I'm not sure why it's certificates have errors. It's our DMV website.
    03-12-09 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD