Sorry if there is already a post for this. I'm having to acess site on my phone. PC is acting up. Is there a way to upload my contacts to the desktop manager and then connect my phone and send them to it? I've got. So many and I don't wanna put them all in manually. Thanks in advanceab

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 02:24 AM
    Sorry for all the spelling errors.For some reason I can't see the whole message as I'm typing it.
    -Cass

03-06-09 02:25 AM
    Well, if I understand you correctly, you want to 'backup' your contacts from your device to your pc via the desktop manager.

Simply run your desktop manager, connect your device and select back and restore. Then backup what you need to your computer.

Warning: from past experience, those backup files tend to get corrupted so I would suggest making 2 with different file names in case you ever need to restore at a later time.

Hope this helps
    03-06-09 02:37 AM
    Actually I want to be able to type them all in on my PC and send them to my BB. Is there a way to do that? It would be so much quicker and easier. My daughter has a Palm Centro and we can do that with hers. Just wondering if its possible with my BB as well. Thanks so much for your help. I am new to the whole BB thing. I've always had a pretty basic phone. . -Cass

03-06-09 02:44 AM
    If you have Outlook or Outlook Express on the computer, these can be synced with your BB through Desktop Manager after you enter your contacts on the computer.

Otherwise, others use Google Sync.

03-06-09 02:52 AM
    Thanks! I will try that. If not I guess I'll have to just do it the old fashion way. LOL!
    03-06-09 03:41 AM
    I use Yahoo and sync contacts and calendar. Works great for me
    03-06-09 03:48 AM
    Exactly how do you do this. Been reading but nervous about tring it.
    03-07-09 06:31 AM
    I love Google Sync. It's easy and automatically Syncs by itself. Just login to your gmail account on your PC or Mac, update contacts, and then just wait. It will sync automatically, both your contacts and your calendar. (Of course you have to have the Google Sync app on your BB.)
    03-07-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD