So i d/l the new OS [4.2.2.184(338)]& everything went smoothly. I d/l my themes & apps i want,
    & do the BB Setup Wizard. I'm re-arranging & hiding my icons & notice that my SMS Icon & Email [Yahoo!] Icon are non existent
    My email acct is already set up through the BIS.. i checked it via ATTs site.
    Ive always had the data plan w/ txt & such. So I dunno what the prob could possibly be.. someone- PLEASE HELP!!
    03-17-08 11:37 PM
    Resend your service books from your BIS account. That should bring them back.
    03-17-08 11:39 PM
    Maybe, theme dependant, the files/folders, are in a differnt file/folder. Did you reset the device after the install?

Don't know, my "Medianet" and "WWW" file vanished after I was done. They arrived later... Musta taken a lunch break or something.

msblueline
    03-17-08 11:48 PM
    How exactly do you do this? I just know the BB basics
    Thanks!
    03-18-08 06:29 AM
    Maybe, theme dependant, the files/folders, are in a differnt file/folder. Did you reset the device after the install?

Don't know, my "Medianet" and "WWW" file vanished after I was done. They arrived later... Musta taken a lunch break or something.

msblueline
    Haha I guess so. Icons need breaks toO!!!

..but anyway, I don't believe its theme dependent b/c when I did the install I waited for everything to load on the BB & did a battery pull. After that of course I started out w/ the theme you get when u first get ur BB. I still didn't have either icons at that point.
    03-18-08 06:32 AM
    & also when i go to compose an email [because i started noticing i was receiving my emails in the messages folder] it says "No message services configured. You will only be able to Save Draft."
    03-18-08 07:06 AM
    Ok so i learned how to resend the service books.. [gotta love this site!]

So now one things outta the way. The email icon is back, and we're good to go w/ that. But my SMS icon is still gone.. grr

I guess its not that big of a deal. Its just what im used to. I just hate having to view both my SMS & Emails in one folder. blugh
    Although i would like to figure out where hes hiding!
    03-18-08 07:59 AM
    wellllll.... i fixed it.

it was so simple, but aggravating!
    For the SMS icon i went to the messages icon > options > general options > SMS & Email Inboxes: Seperate [not theme controlled like I had]

Hehe oh well~ I'm just glad i figured it out
    Hopefully this thread helps someone else
    03-18-08 08:14 AM
    wellllll.... i fixed it.

For the SMS icon i went to the messages icon > options > general options > SMS & Email Inboxes: Seperate [not theme controlled like I had]

YES!!! THANKS A MILLION. Finally fixed it!!! You guys are great
    03-26-09 10:10 PM
    wellllll.... i fixed it.

Helped me after new theme installed thankyou
    03-05-10 04:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD