So i decided today was the day to upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5 and see what the big deal was.....i did all that i was told to on this site but now its stuck on retrieving wirelessly delivered application modules...been on there for about 45 min now in the same spot....theres a bar under that done and it says retrieving module "pbabowlingres1.cod".....not sure to push cancel or leave it running all night cause i need to use my cell.....any help? i hit the pearl button and when lit it shows me a white screen with a black cell phone on the left and a black icon of computer on the right and arrows pointing to each other
    Last edited by gixbusa; 01-08-09 at 05:12 PM.
    01-08-09 05:03 PM
    Just leave it run, DM will tell you if
    a) any errors
    b) when its done
    01-08-09 05:12 PM
    well i placed some tape on the screen and its been in the same spot for 56 minutes now..i cant use my cell...and so i was wondering how long it might take since i dont want my gf thinking i am ignoring her or being able to contact any friends
    01-08-09 05:19 PM
    You need to leave alone because if you cancel now, you won't have an OS on your phone and won't be able to use it anyway.
    01-08-09 06:00 PM
    anyone help? still in the same spot...how long did this take for everyone else?
    01-08-09 06:01 PM
    We did, we gave you advise, unplug if you feel the need, but you will probably end up searching *how to recover a dead berry*
    01-08-09 06:02 PM
    Leave it plugged in. This phase can take 40-60 minutes. It does get better. It just takes time.

If you unplug now then you will not have your Contacts restored.

Rachel and MM know what they are talking about.
    01-08-09 06:06 PM
    It can take up to 2 hours, but usually between 20 and 45 minutes. It will tel you when it is done. What method did you use to upgrade your device? And Rachel is right about bricking your device if you unplug early,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 06:07 PM
    this is what it was showing me

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...s/IMG_0248.jpg for 1 hour and 20 minutes ....stuck on the same process and did not move...i touched the phone and the cell disconnected accidently and i was like well crap i might as well see what happened...nothing bad...it said the radio was not connected...and i tried to send a text and it send only can send draft...i made a call and it asked if i wanted to restore radio connections and i said yes and now everything is back to normal but still stuck back at OS 4.2
    01-08-09 06:37 PM
    Try doing the update again, but this time exclude the bowling
    game. Once the update is complete you can try reinstalling it.
    01-08-09 07:45 PM
    so that picture i include look familiar?
    01-08-09 07:58 PM
    Yoou have a bowling game of some sort yes?

Dont include that in the upgrade... reinstall afterwards, is what AG is sayin...

Yeh, would look familar if you have a bowling game LOL
    01-08-09 08:12 PM
    well i wanted to let you all know as of this morning i am running 4.5 and let me say i am happy to see some the differences....the sms area is diff but not sure if i like it or not but cool....i like the media player more....trying to see what else is new...what are the differences?
    01-09-09 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD